lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2017, 07:37 AM   #11
jr.mnrd2184
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36V run time/efficiency

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-marathon.html

I have been reading a lot! Is this what your referring to?
jr.mnrd2184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2017, 10:17 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Not specifically. The cart in the link is just one example of the creative solutions to vexing problems that BGW forum members have implemented.

The person or persons who originated the concept of reperposing the existing fixed contacts and moveable wiper assembly into a stepped resistor that can be used instead of a continuously variable potentiometer for a throttle signal input to a controller, did so long before I bought my cart or joined BGW.

The wiper switch in the link appears to be a 3-speed while the one in the picture I posted appears to be a 5-speed. Since there are 5 fixed contacts on the board for a resistor cart with three resistors (four speeds total with #4 being a direct connection to battery), 4-speeds would mimic the original.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 08:49 PM   #13
jmauld
Getting Wild

Ways to increase your efficiency.

Lightweight wheels/tires.
Low resistance tires (street tires instead of knobby tires)
Large wires to reduce heat loss in the wires.
Make sure the brakes aren't dragging
Make sure the alignment is centered with very little toe, so that the front tires aren't fighting each other.
Reduce the overall weight of the cart.

There really is not much that you can do, other than make sure that all of the parts are maintained properly.
jmauld is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1983 marathon, 36v marathon, resistor coil;conversion
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO