lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2017, 02:30 PM   #1
honda_400ex
Gone Wild

Default Cart Wiring Help

Would the electrical gurus take a look at my wiring diagram and let me know if you see any issues. If there are any questions what i'm trying to do at a certain spot let me know. Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cart Wiring-Model.pdf (10.3 KB, 0 views)
honda_400ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2017, 10:19 AM   #2
honda_400ex
Gone Wild

Default Re: Cart Wiring Help

Maybe people are having trouble reviewing it with the attachment.

My biggest question is i want to pull 12v off 2 batteries to provide power to my lighted switch to trigger a relay to turn on and off my inverter. I have a 14v 40a relay to use for the signal wire. All other 12v power will then be provided by the inverter.

Old 04-07-2017, 12:45 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I'm more inclined to believe people are having trouble understanding your drawing. I've been reading and proofreading schematics and wiring diagrams for over half a century and it took me a while to figure out what you're trying to do.

Basically, you have a 36V to 12V DC to DC converter with remote-on.
The remote-on requires a 36V input, but the lighted switch you want to use has a 12V bulb, so you are planning to use a 12V relay to control the 36V to the converter's remote-on input.

Too bad the switch doesn't have a separate input for the light. If it did, there would be no need for the relay.

Your setup as drawn will work, but I don't like tapping the main battery pack for 12V because it eventually imbalances the pack and shortens battery live expectancy.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:46 PM   #4
honda_400ex
Gone Wild

Isn't my Diagram clear as mud?

Yeah, I don't like the idea of tapping 12v, but if only using it to power a switch light and the relay, i don't think that should put it in too much of an imbalance.

Do all my grounds look correct? Take the separate 12v circuit back to the battery, then everything else on the ground strip?
Old 04-07-2017, 02:26 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I have seen clearer mud.

I just noticed the switch layout at the bottom right. Do the switches have four terminal?
If so the light might be separate from the switched contacts and you could feed the light 12V from the converter while switching 36V, eliminating the need for the relay and tapping the battery pack.

As for the grounds and using separate ground for the 12V to the switch/relay. Looks okay to me.
Old 04-07-2017, 02:56 PM   #6
honda_400ex
Gone Wild

They have 4 terminals, but aren't DPST. Unfortunately.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:25 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda_400ex View Post
They have 4 terminals, but aren't DPST. Unfortunately.
In the switch layout, you show two 12V terminals, one to ground and one to load.

That describes what I would expect to find on a SPST switch with separate circuit for the light.

If so, use it to switch 36V and just wire the light to the 12V output from the converter. The light comes on when the converter comes on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (70.6 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO