lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2017, 08:03 AM   #11
jr.mnrd2184
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart jerks in forward and reverse 83 marathon

So I have used the literature provided, and the cart doesn't move now- lol. Not questioning anyone's input but are we sure that the terminals in the motor are as stated in the previous post?

Originally lots of wires were misplaced according the diagrams, I have to wonder if they had it wired a certain way because of a faulty component?

This is how I am wiring the motor
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6035.jpg (309.0 KB, 0 views)
jr.mnrd2184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2017, 10:03 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Looking closely at the picture you posted, if you took the end cap off the motor, the outer studs (labeled A1 & A2) would stay with the end cap while the inner studs (labeled S1 & S2) will stay with the motor housing.

The brush assembly is part of the end cap assembly and the brushes ride on the commutator which feeds the armature, so the studs that stay with the end cap are the A studs.

I don't know which is "1" and which is "2" of either the "A" set or the "S" set, but as long as the "A" cables are attached to "A" studs and the "S" cables are attached to "S" studs, the motor will run. The cart might not travel in the same direction that the direction selector is set to, but that is corrected by transposing either the "A" cables or the "S" cables.

If the solenoid clicks, there is an open somewhere in the high current circuit and with the negative test lead connected to the main negative terminal of the battery pack, go looking for battery pack voltage. Attached are schematics with the high circuit highlighted in forward and reverse.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:42 AM   #13
jr.mnrd2184
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Super! I am out of town and will give this another look on Sunday evening , almost missed my flight Friday messing with this thing! Lol
Old 04-11-2017, 12:18 PM   #14
jr.mnrd2184
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well just wrapped up, and everything is working fantastic! I did end up finding casting numbers on the motor, to identify the correct studs, and placement. Everything is in it's place and LABELED. Just took it for a spin, and "runs" better than it ever has. After the battery break in, I'm going to work on finding the range.
Thanks again to everyone's input, and assistance in getting this project rolling-correctly!
Cheers!
Old 04-11-2017, 07:13 PM   #15
jr.mnrd2184
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just wanted to include this image of the particular setup for my cart, and the proper location of the studs, if anyone else has this issue
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6035.jpg (301.2 KB, 0 views)

Tags
36v marathon, resistor cart, v-glide, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO