lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2017, 05:43 AM   #1
Sweet2000EZGO
Not Yet Wild

Default Lacking the speed from my cart

I have a 2000 ezgo 36V cart. Use it at my campground with paved roads. Its lifted with 23" offroad tires. I believe its a 6" lift. It has the plum quick bandit motor (worth it) which has helped a little. Also 1 season old well maintained T-605s. My buddy has a bone stock '97 ezgo lifted but not as much with 22" tires. Another friend has a 2005 ezgo with stock 18" tires and the plum quick bandit with the same batteries as mine. We believe all the gears to be stock but not certain. Both of their carts are considerably faster on level ground and of course the hills. Does anybody have a suggestions what i can do to gain speed to at least keep up. Not looking to race but driving theirs, they have about the speed i desire. Id prefer not to change the gears and only change the controller if necessary. With my lift, would i gain much (especially on hills) by dropping tire size. Also they are 14" wheels so i know I'm limited. Thanks in advance
Sweet2000EZGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2017, 08:40 AM   #2
Seaquell
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lacking the speed from my cart

A minimum of 500amp controller and 48Volts would make that bandit come alive
But then you'll want a heavy duty FR switch and heavy wire set.

Even if you leave it 36v the stock control is keeping it from its possible speed.
With a new control your tires are fine and will have plenty of torque.
Seaquell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:54 AM   #3
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Actually I would recommend a alltrax 500 amp controller and heavy duty magnetic solenoid. Have you upgraded all your cables? If no then thats another thing to consider- 2 gauge wires throughout.

If then you still need more umph, you can easily add one more 6v battery to go 42v but that would also require getting a new charger.

I think alltrax, solenoid and wires will get you what you need
Conradconrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:47 PM   #4
Sweet2000EZGO
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I had been considering a controller but wasn't sure how many amps would do the trick. Currently I'm running 4 gauge wires, so i'll have to look into that.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:24 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

4g will be okay even with a 500a control you won't be missing all that much in terms of actual performance.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 06:13 PM   #6
Sweet2000EZGO
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, 500 seems to be what everybody suggests. My tires are made for off road and i drive mostly on pavement. When I do change to something a little more friendly for pavement, do you suggest keeping the 23" or going smaller?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO