lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2017, 09:38 AM   #1
ptlmveng
Not Yet Wild

Default 2005 EZ GO PDS No Reverse

Wanted to put my symptoms out there and see if anyone had suggestions or test I can do to determine problem. My cart suddenly lost reverse. Forward is fine, but seems slower then normal. When in reverse, the solenoid clicks when the pedal is depressed but then immediately clicks off like I let off of the pedal. Everything I could find, said that the controller was bad so I sent it out and had it repaired. When I got it back everything worked fine for a few hours, then exact same thing happened. I talked to the tech that repaired the controller and he seems to think that the motor is bad which is causing the controller to fail. Is there anyway to test the motor or anything else that could cause the controller to fail the same way both times? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
ptlmveng is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2017, 10:31 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2005 EZ GO PDS No Reverse

There is a common field wire short in the TXT shown below. This will take out an OEM type control.
Money spent on OEM repairs is better spent on Alltrax XCT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4938web.jpg (593.6 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 11:13 AM   #3
ptlmveng
Not Yet Wild

My F1 and F2 wires are good. No bare spots or signs of shorts.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:11 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

If the motor runs okay in one direction, it is most likely to run okay in the other direction also, but you can test it by swapping the F1 and F2 cables at the controller. When that is done, the cart will run in reverse when forward is selected on the F/R switch.

Be careful, it will run backwards at full speed rather at 1/2 speed like it normally does.

Also, put controller into diagnostic mode and listen for any error codes it generates when in reverse, The text at bottom of attached label tells you how.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS Label on Controller Cover.JPG (142.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 09:27 AM   #5
ptlmveng
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. The controller is not throwing any error codes. Hopefully it's just a bad controller and the new one that is on its way will correct the problem for good.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO