lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2009, 05:34 PM   #11
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Where to go with a '97 EZGO gas 1st

I've run 20" tires (8" rims) on non lifted ezgos, you have 8" rims now. You wouldn't have to have 10" rims and i'm not sure they have 20" tires for 10" rims even. There are some cool looking hub caps for the 8" wheels but not those in the pic. You may be able to get a cheap lift and a set of 10" steel wheels and 22"tires for around the $400 dollar amount, check some of our sponsors and see.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2009, 11:19 AM   #12
ram101a
Not Yet Wild

All right guys, Thanks so much for your input here so far. I guess I will look at my 1st move to be new shoes (20" tires on the 8" rims), some hub caps and of course tune and clean up! Then if I have any left over that doesn't get raided for the disney trip I will add some chrome peices.
Next year I guess we will look into either painting or wrapping and lifting it.
3" lift wont make the 20 tires look to small will it?

Thanks again

Roger
ram101a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:28 AM   #13
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram101a View Post
3" lift wont make the 20 tires look to small will it?
Sure it will, or at least goofy lookin. that's why everyone said wait till you can afford the better stuff.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:27 AM   #14
jdcarter74
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post

This is a set of ss hubcaps I got from tom at cpp is a sponser of this forum. HAHA my cart is a rattle can paint job, the body was to good to throw away but too rough to make nice. I paid 1000 dollars for the cart and now have 1300- 1350 in it with lights paint Hitch, king pins, new belt and all fresh lubes. Rocker panels or chrome tape next.
I'm diggin the way this cart is set up! Reminds me of an old rat rod!! Nice set up!
jdcarter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:37 AM   #15
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks JD I use my cart like a rolling work bench and don't want to worry about every little thing so I am just dressing it up cheap.

WELCOME If you start on your cart be sure to start your own thread under members rides with a lot of pics.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO