lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2009, 09:52 PM   #1
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default my 1999 ezgo diesels

Hi everyone, I have '99 workhorse with 350 subaru (says Fuji on motor). It will pop on deceleration and diesel when off. Ive adjusted valves, cleaned carb, new gas etc. It runs good, burns a little oil in one cylinder but I cant make it stop popping. the motor is stock. Can I adjust a timing chain or something?
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2009, 03:55 PM   #2
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: my 1999 ezgo diesels

it also other numbers on a diiferent area. It is a robin, pre-MCI EH35c. I tried the valves again, it helped a little but still backfires. idunno
Old 03-02-2009, 07:34 PM   #3
ruredy
Born Wild

Does it seem to backfire through the intake or exhaust? Do the adjustment to the valves look to be the same amount on all of them? (threads showing on the adjusters) can you run a compression test (both wet and dry) on the engine? have you downloaded the Technicians service manual in the tech section? it'll tell you the proper way to do the compression test.
kinda sounds like the carb is not closing/closed off before the ignitions turns off/on or maybe a burnt valve.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:46 PM   #4
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks for your response. I did the carb adjustment and it almost fixed it. No more diesel. No popping when it shuts off. It pops only when youre running, decelerate and then reaccelerate. when it does it probably is coming out the front (carb side) it didnt sound as loud as the others were. Probably burned avalve, #2 Cyl Valves were too tight. Ill Check compression tommorrow. that cyl is burning more oil than the other. it is a 99 Thanks again. t
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO