lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
jdcarter74
Not Yet Wild

Default Trying to decide which one to buy??

Alright - I've been cruising the net and local cart sales and I've found 2 different carts that I like - 1 is an 06 ez go - green in color with a 9 hp motor - everything is standard - for $3k (not sure how many hours on this one) the other one is an 04 ez go with a 9 hp with a 5 or 6" spindle lift and larger tires (forgot to look at the size) with 615 hours on it - its white - has a small bed on the back (does not dump) for $3350. Both run and drive real well.
I like the lifted one but its 2 years older but I get the lift, tires, and bed already on it - so I'm leaning towards it - or should I buy the newer one and do everything such as a lift and all myself?

thanks for the help!
jdcarter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2009, 05:32 PM   #2
Quadmaster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Trying to decide which one to buy??

I guess it really depends on what your going to use it for.2 years newer is good, however if you need those options right now and don't have the coin for them....Then. If however you do have the extra money, then buy newer and do upgrades - heck that's half the fun.. Any of the site sponsors will be glad to hook you up.
Quadmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:46 PM   #3
madd matt
Taters...

E-Z-GO

DIY... more fun that way and you get a newer rig...
madd matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:03 AM   #4
jdcarter74
Not Yet Wild

well come to find out the 04 thats lifted is actually an 02 so 4 years older i dont like so I'm gonna go with the 06 model if I dont find something else i like.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:29 PM   #5
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcarter74 View Post
well come to find out the 04 thats lifted is actually an 02 so 4 years older i dont like so I'm gonna go with the 06 model if I dont find something else i like.
i agree with you.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:44 PM   #6
Quadmaster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sounds like a plan is formed
Quadmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:55 PM   #7
ssdane
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Smile Re: Trying to decide which one to buy??

Welcome ! Normally I don't reply to the gas forum but in this case I hope I can help you. I started fooling with these things about 5- 6 years ago but don't fool with anything but electric carts. This is only a personal thing , and I don't want to say one is any better than the other; it's only a matter of preference! Don't believe everything you hear on the internet or what someone else is trying to sell you, go with your gut feeling and be prepared to pay for your education! There are many good and knowledgeble people on this forum and they will be glad to help you with any problems or questions you may have. The only ones you have to please is you and your family! Good luck and kindest regards!
ssdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:44 AM   #8
jdcarter74
Not Yet Wild

preciate all the help guys! After thinking more and more about both and talking to both dealers again - I just wasnt pleased. And the 04 ended up being an 02 but anyways I went to a third guy that has a small shop - about 7 carts in stock no gas but he can get me what I want - and I tell you by far this guy is jam up!! Older guy that does it just to have something to do and enjoys what he does. His carts are clean!!! When I say clean I mean like show room condition clean. I didnt see this at the other two places - the carts were dirty and one even had mud caked under it so I've made the choice of who I'm buying from. The cart itself is $100 bucks more but he sales his accessories very cheap and all installed. The other places wanted 600 for a flip back seat - he sales his for $450 installed. I drove one of the lifted electric carts he had and if I didnt know better - it felt like it had power steering and I was real pleased with how down to earth he was and really just listened to what I wanted instead of trying to sell me whatever he wanted to.
So now I've got to work on the wife a lil!! But I'm getting there. Hopefully soon I can post of some pics of my new ride!!! :)
Old 03-06-2009, 10:26 AM   #9
madd matt
Taters...

E-Z-GO

That's what people don't get... It matters how your treat you customers... It's all about customer service and not trying to squeeze every penny you can out of somebody. Good luck on the wife though... I still can't get mine to listen.
madd matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO