lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2009, 08:35 PM   #1
EazyGo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default I know....... hard question to answer, but...

I have a 92 Marathon, with a new rebuilt 295 stock engine in it. Brand new base clear paint this week. Blue pearl. Carthas fold down windshield, top and a back seat with diamond plate step. I hate to even say this, but it has the 4" economy lift from BU, with 22" Mudlite tires on 8" black steel wheels. This cart is in VERY good shape, with no more then 8 hours on new motor. Can you give me some idea of what this cart might be worth? Thanks in advance. Cart also has aftermarket front headlights.
EazyGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2009, 09:33 PM   #2
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Default Re: I know....... hard question to answer, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyGo View Post
I have a 92 Marathon, with a new rebuilt 295 stock engine in it. Brand new base clear paint this week. Blue pearl. Carthas fold down windshield, top and a back seat with diamond plate step. I hate to even say this, but it has the 4" economy lift from BU, with 22" Mudlite tires on 8" black steel wheels. This cart is in VERY good shape, with no more then 8 hours on new motor. Can you give me some idea of what this cart might be worth? Thanks in advance. Cart also has aftermarket front headlights.
there going between 9 to 1200.00 here in wisconsin this time of year, can you post a picture? [maybe a little more]
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:55 PM   #3
EazyGo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry, I dont know how to post pics here. I was just wondering because I was reading another post about the price of a 94 Marathon, and I was surprised about some of the responses he got. I bought this cart 1 year ago, minus the lift, 22" tires, and before the motor was rebuilt. Plus it still had the original paint on it, but the cafrt was still in very good condition. I bought it from a dealer, for $1600. I bought a back seat, and the headlights from him, and had him install them. My final price was $2100. At that time, I thought that was a fair price. I had been looking for quit a while, and anything that was remotely in fair condition, was way more then that. I have a friend at the campground that had one just like mine now, the only difference was he had a nice front bumper, and winch, and he sold his for $2500, I thought that was a fantastic deal. I'm not planning on selling it, I was just wondering what it might be worth.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:59 PM   #4
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyGo View Post
Sorry, I dont know how to post pics here. I was just wondering because I was reading another post about the price of a 94 Marathon, and I was surprised about some of the responses he got. I bought this cart 1 year ago, minus the lift, 22" tires, and before the motor was rebuilt. Plus it still had the original paint on it, but the cafrt was still in very good condition. I bought it from a dealer, for $1600. I bought a back seat, and the headlights from him, and had him install them. My final price was $2100. At that time, I thought that was a fair price. I had been looking for quit a while, and anything that was remotely in fair condition, was way more then that. I have a friend at the campground that had one just like mine now, the only difference was he had a nice front bumper, and winch, and he sold his for $2500, I thought that was a fantastic deal. I'm not planning on selling it, I was just wondering what it might be worth.
well you may be right!! i only sell four or five a summer so i don't have a lot to base that on.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:22 AM   #5
ruredy
Born Wild

A big problem is your asking advice from a group of "cart savvy" guys. We live eat and breath carts, we know the value of them cause we see it everyday. While location does play a part in price there are other factors that come into play. For example the 4stroke robins engine, with ezgo phasing it out of production the value of those has dropped.
The cart that the guy was asking about was nothing fancy, no back seat, no roof, riped seat, ect, ect. You know putting a couple crappy pics and asking us to give a guestamation of its value is fairly lame in itself. for all we know the other side of the cart could have been missing, rusted away, or they could have been using a 2 liter coke bottle for a gas tank, whatever........
One thing is for sure though, when you can get a newer model cart for less than someones asking for an older one, all things being equal the older cart won't sell. it is sad that a group of Marathon based carts are caught up in the lower values of their 2 stroke counterparts (I have a 94) but even being at the top of the Marathon heap, it'll only get you a little extra.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:33 AM   #6
EazyGo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Ruredy. Ya, I agree about that other post and the pics that were posted. I am just a little surprised that these carts are not worth what I have into it. Especially when it is an awesome cart. I do know tho, that I were to ever sell it, I probably would not get my money back. I love the cart, I just wish we could still get parts for them.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:40 AM   #7
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

unfortunately very little is worth what you put into it..especially in this economy.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:46 AM   #8
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

I just wish we could still get parts for them?

there are a ton of those carts out there, i would say you will able to get 99% of the parts [new or used] for a long time.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:12 PM   #9
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

EZ, RU mentioned location. I have 6 dealers within 15 miles out in the country where I live so prices are very compedetive so yours may well be worth what you have in it.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO