lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2017, 10:25 PM   #31
fishbooz
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Battery Electrolyte Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCW View Post
whit71 - Did you have a problem with leaking caps before your installed these Flow Systems Speed Vents? Or did you just replace your single bayonet caps with the Speed Vents for faster access?

While looking at the Flow Systems website that whit71 suggested, I had a look at their Water Miser Battery Vent Caps (see: https://www.flowsystemsusa.com/solar...vent-caps.html). They are designed to "extend the time in between watering while helping to maintain the relative specific gravity within battery cells." Other key advantages quoted on their website that really interests me include "Reduce watering intervals by 50%-60% depending on usage scenario, Fewer acid laden gasses prevent moisture buildup on & around batteries, Reduced fumes from acid based electrolyte emissions, Reduced Overall Maintenance" and "Batteries Last Longer - Electrolyte gravities are better stabilized and now more consistent."

I have attached some product information from their website below for reference.

Does anyone have any experience using the Water Miser Battery Vents on any lead acid battery applications?

How about any of the businesses that run a large number of carts ... has anyone tried these?

If these work as advertised, these caps certainly could be a great solution to a good many problems us golf cart guys experience on a regular basis !!

PS - I also had a look on YouTube and there seems to be some positive reviews of this product.
Threecw ...I have had these on my cart for quite a while and they work as advertised ...I don't get any acid on top of my batteries any more .if you buy them I would recommend the medium or high ...gives you a better grip when installing them. They fit very tight...the extra height gives you more room to grab hold of when you screw them on but they do keep your batteries dry
fishbooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2017, 01:07 AM   #32
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: Battery Electrolyte Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbooz View Post
Threecw ...I have had these on my cart for quite a while and they work as advertised ...I don't get any acid on top of my batteries any more .if you buy them I would recommend the medium or high ...gives you a better grip when installing them. They fit very tight...the extra height gives you more room to grab hold of when you screw them on but they do keep your batteries dry
Thanks for your feedback . Do you also notice that you add water less often with these? Any comment on a reduction in the acid gas smell when charging?
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car