lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2018, 02:00 PM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 06 Precedent Brake Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrmpy View Post
No the pwr is there all the time... didn't realize I needed to have the key switch on & cart in run mode....they have both been off... This relay that I need, It plugs into the brake pad? The brake pad I have only has two wires, I don't recall the colors......
Did You look at the picture on that link?

The relay goes on the dash and connects to those 4 wires you are holding on your hand.

If you have a 48v->12v converter that turns the 12v OFF when the key switch is OFF, You do not need the relay, just connect the 1/4" quick connectors (the 2 larger ones) together.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2018, 02:12 PM   #12
MrGrmpy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

This is the kit I have...Premium Electric Club Car Precedent GTW LED Light Kit (Fits 2004-200 Item #: 32026 from Buggies Unlimited
MrGrmpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:41 PM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

This is the relay you need to connect to those 4 wires, it does not come with your wiring kit:
http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/pr...-car-103414901
Old 01-18-2018, 04:02 PM   #14
MrGrmpy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks I’ll get it ordered...
Old 01-18-2018, 09:14 PM   #15
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Thanks for the link Sergio, and thanks for your purchase MrGrmpy
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:56 PM   #16
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrmpy View Post
No the pwr is there all the time... didn't realize I needed to have the key switch on & cart in run mode....they have both been off... This relay that I need, It plugs into the brake pad? The brake pad I have only has two wires, I don't recall the colors......
The wires in that photo plug into the relay.
The wiring harness should have 3 wires running to the brake box that will in turn plug into your brake switch etc.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:15 AM   #17
MrGrmpy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Got the relay & from the diagram got the harness wires correct however I’m not 100% on the brake pad wires as the relay does not have terminal numbers. Just taking a guess after reading Sergio’s post with relay diagram..would red brake pad wire connect to dark blue harness wire on the NO relay post? And black brake pad wire connect to the green/white harness wire to the comm on the relay?
Old 01-21-2018, 09:51 AM   #18
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am not sure which wires You are talking about.

The SPST 48v coil relay goes behind the dash, the coil terminals are 3/16" and the relay contacts terminals are 1/4".

The 3/16" quick connector wires can go into either of the 3/16" relay terminals, the same for the 1/4" quick connector and terminals.

The purpose of the 48v coil relay is to remove the +12v power from the pedal brake harness when the key switch is OFF.

Your bucket wire harness should have included 3 wires that go into the compartment under the floorboard where the You access the MCOR and brake wires.

You should have:
Red wire for +12v
Brown or Tan wire that carries the brake pedal switch signal.
Black wire for negative.
The brake switch simply connects the Red and the Brown wires together (black is not used on a simple switch).

If You have one of those pressure pads that goes on top of the brake pedal surface and are using incandescent bulbs, then I recommend you use the brake pedal signal to activate a 12v coil relay instead of using the brake pedal to connect the Red wire and the Tan wire directly.

The other post on that thread describes one way to connect a standard +12v relay to the pedal switch, the numbering I indicated for the terminals is a industry standard and all 12v automotive relay should have them.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1249127
Old 01-21-2018, 10:46 AM   #19
MrGrmpy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Alrighty... found the issue.. I must have missed the part where there are the wires under the floorboard... got it & working great!!! Thanks for the help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car