lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2020, 02:28 PM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: new xct alltrax install issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubCarDude View Post
I had the same exact issue. CC precedent new XCT400 install and new SW180 solenoid. Stutters and wont move after install. Stuttering forward in reverse and stuttering reverse in forward. Low voltage and precharge errors from controller but everything was installed correctly and pack is 52v+.

My problem was the diode on the small posts of the solenoid. I removed it and the cart and controller work fine now. The large post solenoid is there still.

Just an FYI for future use if others have this issue.
Your issue must have been that the diode was installed backwards, you should install one to protect the controller.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2020, 12:49 PM   #12
hawgsalot
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Your issue must have been that the diode was installed backwards, you should install one to protect the controller.
It seems like some are saying the small posts diode is not to be used with Club Cars and some saying it's not needed now???

I'm about to do a new Alltrax install with new solenoid so this information would greatly help... Thanks,
hawgsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 09:48 PM   #13
Tysdad2010
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubCarDude View Post
I had the same exact issue. CC precedent new XCT400 install and new SW180 solenoid. Stutters and wont move after install. Stuttering forward in reverse and stuttering reverse in forward. Low voltage and precharge errors from controller but everything was installed correctly and pack is 52v+.

My problem was the diode on the small posts of the solenoid. I removed it and the cart and controller work fine now. The large post solenoid is there still.

Just an FYI for future use if others have this issue.

I'll be doing this next week on my 2006. I've never done anything with doids before. Mine is all stock. Adding alltrax 500amp and 400amp seloinod. Kinda nervous about doing it. My cart has the hump in the middle 4 12v batteries.
Tysdad2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 08:05 AM   #14
hawgsalot
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysdad2010 View Post
I'll be doing this next week on my 2006. I've never done anything with doids before. Mine is all stock. Adding alltrax 500amp and 400amp seloinod. Kinda nervous about doing it. My cart has the hump in the middle 4 12v batteries.
I just completed this and it wasn't to bad but did have an issue finding a place to mount the controller, that took the longest. It didn't match the hole pattern of previous controller and with 2g wires you're kind of limited. My 04 had had the fin block on the backside of the mounting plate in the center of my cart, it had to be removed to use the bolts that come with the controller. If you figure out the bolt specs you can probably drill it out and purchase some longer bolts to keep the fin block on.

My suggestion is get everything out of the way, take pictures and refer to them often during the install and it helps makes sense of everything. If doing again I would hook all the wires up to the controller first then figure out the mounting location for the controller and the solenoid, mark, drill, hook up the controller wires back on then bolt it in place, and then attach the solenoid.

A couple other tips where I messed up. If you have OEM lights make sure you find the negative wire for the reducer, it's probably on the B- side of the wire group your removing with your new cables, I've got to go find mine now...

Second tip I had the F1 and F2 reversed so when I went to change it I was torqueing the last bolt down on the motor and it snapped off so now I get to do a motor upgrade this week as well. I didn't put much pressure on it but she still snapped so be careful here....

I'll shoot some pictures in a little bit to give an idea of where I mounted mine.
hawgsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car