lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2018, 08:34 AM   #1
anziosaint
Gone Wild

Default Lester Summit II charging issue?

Just bought a Lester Summit II charger for my 2003 CC DS. I have the charger directly connected to the battery pack via the charging port. I still have the grey sense wire hooked at the port but the plug from the charger is only connected to +\-. I have not did the OBC disconnect yet but have not had any issue charging via a direct connection before. I am getting a 100% reading from the charger and topping off at only 50 volts even. I have verified this by my handheld volt meter. The batteries are new US batteries purchased in July. Based on the charts 50v testing after a charge seems low. Seems like the charger does not want to take the batteries up above 55-57 volts during a charge either? Should I contact Lester maybe for a different charge code? BTW I am using the blutoooth app to monitor the pack while charging and to monitor voltage. When independently checked with meter it is spot on. Where do I go from here?
anziosaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2018, 09:00 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lester Summit II charging issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anziosaint View Post
Just bought a Lester Summit II charger for my 2003 CC DS. I have the charger directly connected to the battery pack via the charging port. I still have the grey sense wire hooked at the port but the plug from the charger is only connected to +\-. I have not did the OBC disconnect yet but have not had any issue charging via a direct connection before. I am getting a 100% reading from the charger and topping off at only 50 volts even. I have verified this by my handheld volt meter. The batteries are new US batteries purchased in July. Based on the charts 50v testing after a charge seems low. Seems like the charger does not want to take the batteries up above 55-57 volts during a charge either? Should I contact Lester maybe for a different charge code? BTW I am using the blutoooth app to monitor the pack while charging and to monitor voltage. When independently checked with meter it is spot on. Where do I go from here?
The negative wire from the cart's charger receptacle does not go directly to pack negative, it goes to an SCR inside the OBC that regulates the charging current.

If You want to charge without by-passing the OBC, you need to connect the Lester negative wire to either pack negative or Controller B-.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:20 AM   #3
anziosaint
Gone Wild

I have the charger connected directly to the pack negative. The negative on the charging port goes directly to the pack negative. I have done the OBC bypass with the exception of unplugging the OBC And connecting the blue and white wires on the harness. I have been charging this way without issues until my old smart charger died.
Old 09-23-2018, 01:08 PM   #4
anziosaint
Gone Wild

I should have been more clear. I bypassed the OBC as far as the negative cable from the charge receptacle goes and connected directly to the battery pack. I did not disconnect the OBC harness and jump the blue and white wire. Hope that clears any confusion. Sooooooo any ideas? Is it possible that not disconnecting the OBC harness has anything to do with this issue?
Old 09-23-2018, 04:03 PM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Since the charger output is directly connected to the batteries, make sure the charger is set for OnBoard use.

Once you connect the App to the charger using Bluetooth, go to "System Profile" and make sure there is a check mark on "On Board".

Definitely check with Lester for the proper profile to use with US Batteries.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:13 AM   #6
radelon
Getting Wild

Club Car

Which model do you have? What is the 20hr rating on your batteries?
radelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:41 AM   #7
anziosaint
Gone Wild

I have the 175 amp hour batteries. (6) - 8 volt.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:20 AM   #8
radelon
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by anziosaint View Post
I have the 175 amp hour batteries. (6) - 8 volt.
Whats your charger model?

Model 30600: Use 22251
Model 29700: Use 22201
Model 30400: Use 22000
Model 28740: Use 22000

In the app when it's detecting your pack voltage, is it showing it's detecting 48v?
radelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 04:01 PM   #9
anziosaint
Gone Wild

The charger has a decal on it that shows -model 29900? I am not at home and won't be back with the cart for a day or two so i can't link up with to verify the settings. I am pretty sure though that it was reading the pack as 48 volts. I also got a fault the last time I put it on the charger a few days ago. The fault showed a "overcharge fault" via the app.?
Old 09-24-2018, 04:06 PM   #10
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

According to Lester the model 29900 is a 36v charger.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car