lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2019, 09:46 PM   #21
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Adding Alltrax SR48500 To 2000 DS 36V Series Cart

Ok, I think I've got the vglide 3 wire setup figured out. Decided I will go the reversing contactor route (Albright sw202). For the F-N-R switch I plan on using the square rocker style switch they use on the 2007 and newer 48v carts, (Club Car P/N 4866) it is 6 pin (DPDT) and believe it is "On-Off-On". Will verify once i can get my hands on it. If not will be looking for another source for a "on-off-on" style switch. Now that I got that figured out I redrew the wiring diagram with how I plan on wiring the cart.

The main contactor is only on when key is "on" position, this also will feed voltage reducer. I do not want it hardwired directly to the batteries. May reconfigure the voltage reducer and use the trigger wire. When the key is off there should be no draw on that battery pack. I turn my key off whenever I'm not in the golf cart, with this setup The key will need to be on to use 12v accessories; lights, radio, etc.

Also power is only supplied to the pedal switch when the key is in the "on" position. From the pedal switch it will feed the f-n-r switch which will be "on-off-on" style selector switch. when both the pedal is pressed AND the selector is in "forward" or "reverse" would it then energize the forward or reverse coils on the reversing contactor respectively. The center is "off / neutral position.

Does this setup look alright?

Attached Images
File Type: png KRAZYMATT_Alltrax_Final.png (82.2 KB, 0 views)
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2019, 10:13 AM   #22
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Ok, I did a slight change to the wiring. I changed it so the pedal opens and closes the main contactor so it is opening and closing the power feeding the motor not the reversing contactor. Contactor will only be enrgized when key is "on" AND the pedal is pressed. i was thinking about it more and more and im not sure the reversing contactor is designed to make and break that load frequently. Been reading more about the voltage reducer scottyb sells. How much drain does this put on the battery packs when hard wired in? i understand the full power isnt avaliable until the trigger signal is activated.

Here is the updated one:

Attached Images
File Type: png Alltrax_Final_2.png (80.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-04-2019, 06:44 PM   #23
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

The cart is actually an 02 not a 00 as previously thought.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:28 AM   #24
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The MR754 (6 amp) will work great for the contactor coil.

Those diodes are sized based on the contactor cold coil current, not the contact current.

As far as wiring the FNR, most of the contactors on the Market are not "continuous duty" and will get damaged if left ON overnight.

Since the coils dissipate as much as 60w when operating, it really makes more sense to only allow the contactor to operate when the pedal is pressed.

Here is the caveat, if you wire the reversing contactor after the pedal switch, that also means it will be possible to switch the FNR while the pedal is pressed and the Controller is actively sending power to the motor.

That is not good for the contactor and that is why You will notice the wiring from Alltrax recommends having the contactor switch before the pedal micro-switch.

Since the FNR switch provided by ScottyB is a DPDT switch, you can take care of both requirements and have the FNR work as an "anti-arcing" switch and a directional control switch.

Just wire the cart per the diagram below for the optimal operation:

Edit: I just noticed I forgot to put the Main Solenoid connection in the diagram It gets connected with the wire that goes to the Alltrax RED - KSI wire.

Gonna use a dpdt switch for the f-n-r. Going to do as your drawing suggests. I do see what you're saying about controller being enabled and sending power during changing of directions... still trying to figure out the interlock circuit of the summit 2 charger.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:38 AM   #25
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

One thing I forgot on that diagram is the Reverse buzzer, do You use one?

It will unfortunately require a small change and a diode added since the buzzer should sound in reverse even if the pedal is not pressed.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:00 AM   #26
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
One thing I forgot on that diagram is the Reverse buzzer, do You use one?

It will unfortunately require a small change and a diode added since the buzzer should sound in reverse even if the pedal is not pressed.
No reverse buzzer.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:13 AM   #27
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Started to strip the cart down today to pressure wash it good and neutralize the corrosion on the frame and repair the battery trays.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7798.jpg (327.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7800.jpg (315.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7802.jpg (341.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7803.jpg (311.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7804.jpg (320.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-07-2019, 10:17 AM   #28
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

After I get the frame cleaned real good I plan on replacing he battery trays. Then I will remove the rear end to paint it and remove the motor to replace the brushes and broken stud. Plan on installing the motor centering kit from revolution carts while I have it apart. then install the jakes 6" lift and then its onto the electrical!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7805.jpg (317.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7806.jpg (275.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7819.jpg (316.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-07-2019, 10:21 AM   #29
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Looking for ideas where to mount the alltrax controller. Thinking of mounting a sheet of aluminum and mounting it facing forward under the seat area behind the center 2 batteries. Saw a similar setup on here, can't remember who's it was but I saved the picture it's the first attachment here. Also need to find a place to install the onboard charger- I ordered the summit 2 charger from carts unlimited. Once I get that I will begin to rewire the cart. I plan on using the interlock from the charger and a relay as suggested by Sergio.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7812.JPG (266.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7815.jpg (177.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7816.jpg (139.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7818.jpg (184.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-07-2019, 12:51 PM   #30
HaulnA$$
Getting Wild
Club Car

Yep can see here where I mounted my SR Controller. It is in ate same spot as the factory controller only oriented differently. HTH
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 655F6665-1A99-47A0-A5BB-2C207720D1F4.jpg (174.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg B1B30FFF-EAC3-43D8-A8F7-D2C0B5D2DFF9.jpg (137.9 KB, 0 views)
HaulnA$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car