lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2019, 04:00 PM   #1
Toolmaker Bob
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Battery Condition

My 2009 Club Car Precedent 48V golf cart is kept in an unheated garage over the winter. I went in the garage to check the water level in the 6 batteries. When I lifted the seat I noticed that the batteries and battery cables were covered in water droplets. The seat itself was dry. I added about an ounce of distilled water to each of the cells. All the plates were covered before adding any water. I just wanted to bring the water up to the correct level. My question is why would there be water droplets on the batteries and battery cables? The battery charger has not been plugged in for about 2-3 weeks. Also should I try and dry the batteries and battery cables before I charge the batteries?
Toolmaker Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2019, 04:45 PM   #2
bbriggs
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Battery Condition

In Indiana, presumably, as in Iowa you recently went through some very cold weather. Then it warmed up quite a bit, more than 50 degrees F, with very moist air. Water condensed on the cold batteries would be my first thought. I personally would ignore it.
bbriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:17 PM   #3
Toolmaker Bob
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Bbriggs, Thanks for your reply. Yes we went from -35* wind chill Jan. 30 to almost 60* a couple of days later.
Toolmaker Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:41 PM   #4
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbriggs View Post
In Indiana, presumably, as in Iowa you recently went through some very cold weather. Then it warmed up quite a bit, more than 50 degrees F, with very moist air. Water condensed on the cold batteries would be my first thought. I personally would ignore it.
That would be my thoughts also, especially in view of Toolmaker Bob's additional information. Just dry it off to keep the batteries clean.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car