lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2019, 11:20 PM   #21
Pepe30269
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2016 Club Car X2 Plus won't charge after incident

As far as the Club Car X2, I think I am in paralysis by analysis. I Was going to try to do what(Naz I think) suggested next and that is to look inside motor to see if anything was loose or burnt. I have been under there and it looks like there are four bolts that would need to be removed.
The problem is that I don't have any way to lift the cart safely high enough to do much with it. It appears I could access the motor from the back bed when the seats are folded down - I would be looking straight down on it. Do you know if that is possible?

So what I have done is worry about it and plug it in thinking that it will eventually fix itself. No such luck.

Mike
Pepe30269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2019, 11:55 PM   #22
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Lol! At least it will be charged.....

Not familiar with your exact cart layout, but DS's and Precedent's all have access panels at the the back to get to the motor/controller/solenoid area. If a cart is not lifted, I take a floor jack and jack-up the frame allowing the rear suspension to sag down which is usually enough room to get to it unless you have HD springs.

If you go at it from the top or from underneath, be sure you follow these steps:
- Run/Tow switch in "Tow"
- Remove main pack Neg cable
- Spray down all four (4) motor studs with a good penetrating oil.
- Double wrench each stud when removing so you do not break or damage one.
- Unplug the Speed Sensor from the back of the motor.
- After removing the four (4) motor bolts, the motor should slide off the input shaft and it weighs ~40/50 pounds or so which means you need to be prepared with extra support, hands, strap, etc. to make sure you are comfortable and safe.

Once all the cables are off you can do a continuity test to check for any shorts or issues. You can also voltage test the motor if you like. Once you remove it you can open it up and visually inspect it.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 01:43 AM   #23
Pepe30269
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Hi David: Thanks for your reply and your offer to help. I will certainly call you.
Not sure if Saturday (today) is an option, I had never heard of the X2 designation either until I came to Buggies Unlimited. I typed in my serial number and BU told me I owned a 2x. The "Plus" may indicate it is gas operated, and if that is the case then I was wrong about the plus. Take a look at the pic I attached. Below is what I had found on the forum from someone who at one point was a moderator - named Lockman1.

As FairTax said, the Carryall's are based on the DS platform,
but, the Plus versions have some of their own differences like...
key start, larger FE350 engine, larger tires w/lift, 4 wheel brakes, lights and horn, etc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blue gc.jpg (154.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png BUL MODEL TESTER.png (212.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-04-2019, 05:33 PM   #24
Pepe30269
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks NoleF! I would not have thought of most of this.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:22 AM   #25
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe30269 View Post
Hi David: Thanks for your reply and your offer to help. I will certainly call you.
Not sure if Saturday (today) is an option, I had never heard of the X2 designation either until I came to Buggies Unlimited. I typed in my serial number and BU told me I owned a 2x. The "Plus" may indicate it is gas operated, and if that is the case then I was wrong about the plus. Take a look at the pic I attached. Below is what I had found on the forum from someone who at one point was a moderator - named Lockman1.

As FairTax said, the Carryall's are based on the DS platform,
but, the Plus versions have some of their own differences like...
key start, larger FE350 engine, larger tires w/lift, 4 wheel brakes, lights and horn, etc
Looks like an XRT 810 to me. What's your serial number?

The "Plus" was used in the Carryall 2. The Carryall 2 "Plus" offered a key-start design, front wheel brakes, and often came with a factory light package. Otherwise it was the same as a regular Carryall 2.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 11:29 PM   #26
Pepe30269
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Hi David: Here are some additional pics. I will call you sometime tomorrow. Thanks again for your help.

Pepe
Attached Images
File Type: png Golf Cart Motor.png (381.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png Golf Cart Motor CC.png (254.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png Motor 2019 moose.png (524.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png batteries.png (676.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-17-2019, 01:11 AM   #27
Pepe30269
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Hi David:

I move slow but I am ... inaccurate as well. Sort of like the government. Okay, so I did test voltage on the batteries. Tested a few independently, meter doesn't budge. Tested all 48 and got a total reading of 6 volts for the whole package. Next I am going to get the type of charger you recommended - not a fast charger - and see if I can get the batteries charged enough to take a charge. Mike
Old 05-17-2019, 03:36 PM   #28
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Hi David:

I move slow but I am ... inaccurate as well. Sort of like the government. Okay, so I did test voltage on the batteries. Tested a few independently, meter doesn't budge. Tested all 48 and got a total reading of 6 volts for the whole package. Next I am going to get the type of charger you recommended - not a fast charger - and see if I can get the batteries charged enough to take a charge. Mike
I was wondering what happened to ya. I think the damaged motor has shorted out your controller, causing the pre-charge resistor to get hot. Therefore causing a draw on your pack. Your cart sat there with the resistor getting red hot and slowly drained all the life from your batteries.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 03:37 AM   #29
Pepe30269
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Alrighty neighbors,

I did the best I could with these batteries. I still have two that won't pick up the charge. So I force-fed them enough to get them to register. Total volts is just under 40 for the entire package. See the picture below. Still, the charger will not kick on orSo not sure what to do next.
One thing I wanted to ask... there is a fuse in a yellow capsule on one of the wires coming from the backside of the charge socket. When I pulled the fuse out I could not see a continuity wire or rod inside the fuse. I also didn't see anything broken. Just to be sure I put a 5A fuse in that spot. Tonight digging around back there I notice there was a tag on the wire that says only used the .75A fuse and gives the part number. I will find the fuse but wondering if having a higher Amp fuse in there would prevent the charger from working... ?
Attached Images
File Type: png Club Batteries.png (18.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png New Cart Fuse.png (169.3 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Pepe30269; 05-29-2019 at 04:50 AM.. Reason: mispells
Old 05-29-2019, 06:58 AM   #30
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Alrighty neighbors,

I did the best I could with these batteries. I still have two that won't pick up the charge. So I force-fed them enough to get them to register. Total volts is just under 40 for the entire package. See the picture below. Still, the charger will not kick on orSo not sure what to do next.
One thing I wanted to ask... there is a fuse in a yellow capsule on one of the wires coming from the backside of the charge socket. When I pulled the fuse out I could not see a continuity wire or rod inside the fuse. I also didn't see anything broken. Just to be sure I put a 5A fuse in that spot. Tonight digging around back there I notice there was a tag on the wire that says only used the .75A fuse and gives the part number. I will find the fuse but wondering if having a higher Amp fuse in there would prevent the charger from working... ?
That bullet fuse is for the sense wire back to your charger. Which charger do you have? That fuse in a Powerdrive charger used to be 3/8 amp fuse and had a very small filament. A larger fuse will not prevent it from working, but it could damage the equipment by no protecting it now.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car