lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2019, 03:12 PM   #11
pattyandrick
Getting Wild

Default Re: Replacement batteries for TroJan T-605

Jack it up you should see wheel movement with 24 volts just no torque

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
pattyandrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2019, 04:01 PM   #12
Shuga
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
If it has batteries in it the positive for the pack is the positive of the front battery on the passenger side. Negative of the pack is the negative of the back battery on the passenger side. Leave the original cables on these posts but disconnect the others.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 04:01 PM   #13
Shuga
Getting Wild

So once again an 6volt will work correct?

Old 06-16-2019, 04:02 PM   #14
Shuga
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyandrick View Post
Jack it up you should see wheel movement with 24 volts just no torque

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

I can’t jack it up, not with the place that it’s in [emoji854]

Old 06-16-2019, 07:29 PM   #15
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Looking thru your post. Have you tried charging the batteries currently in the cart? Granted you’ll need new batteries in the end, but have you tried charging current batteries then see if they have enough voltage to troubleshoot cart. Also do you have volt meter to measure voltage of batteries. You’lol need one to troubleshoot.

As for new batteries,z my Trojans lasted just shy of 6 years with perfect maint. I just replaced them with higher capacity U S batteries as specs were better as was price.
Battery care is KEY to carts ��
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 07:44 PM   #16
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra,1 View Post
Looking thru your post. Have you tried charging the batteries currently in the cart? Granted you’ll need new batteries in the end, but have you tried charging current batteries then see if they have enough voltage to troubleshoot cart. Also do you have volt meter to measure voltage of batteries. You’lol need one to troubleshoot.

As for new batteries,z my Trojans lasted just shy of 6 years with perfect maint. I just replaced them with higher capacity U S batteries as specs were better as was price.
I got nine years out of my last set, but I didn't leave them neglected for 8 years. We don't know how old the batteries were before their 8 year vacation.

If you try this, top off any batteries that are low on electrolyte, then you'll probably need to hit them with a 6 or 12 volt automotive charger, to get the pack high enough for the cart charger to kick on. OR... you can do a quick bypass of your cart charger's relay.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:14 PM   #17
Zincode
Getting Wild

If you choose to install batteries, Please do yourself a huge favor and use the T105. Period
Zincode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:46 AM   #18
bobbycason
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra,1 View Post

This is what I would recommend you try first, even the cheap batteries are a lot of money to be forking out if none of the other components work. Check the water in the batteries and try charging them with a car charger first to see if they will hold enough of a charge to test everything else out. Being that that are 6v batteries you can charge 2 of them together.
bobbycason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 12:28 PM   #19
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I always looked at product cost as "buy once....cry once." So, if you're already spending $600 for the inferior set, why not spend $900 (numbers are made up) for the quality set?

After all.....you have already spent 2/3rds on junk. Another 1/3rd and your home!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 12:49 PM   #20
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Thanks guys, at least I'm not the only one here suggesting to not waste time and money on junk.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO