lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2020, 12:22 PM   #1
Summerwood
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 86 cart I just got.

Hello all, it's been awhile. I just picked up an 86 club 36V. Batteries two years old, cart is in mint cond, compared to the others Ive worked on and received. Its hard for me to down load pics. I never seem to get it right. Anyways the owner said it needs a new transmission. LOL. He said the cart would keep moving forward with out the gas pedal be pushed. He also said the forward reverse switch started smoking and sparking. So he disconnected the batteries. The switch does look burnt and smells burnt. The five speed coils and everything else seem to look clean and in great cold. So I'm going to take the switch out and replace it. I only paid $600 for it, came with the batteries and charger.
Summerwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2020, 01:38 PM   #2
hudnut
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 86 cart just got.

I'd go ahead and replace all of the solenoids as well. That's most likely why it was going without hitting the pedal. Also check the micro switches by pedal
hudnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 04:35 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Definitely have a bad solenoid that is staying closed. Usually it is the master and one more to allow the current flow.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 09:31 PM   #4
Summerwood
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Definitely have a bad solenoid that is staying closed. Usually it is the master and one more to allow the current flow.
I just finished installing the new forward/reverse switch. Placed all batteries back in, cleaned all wire ends. And as soon as I put it in forward the wheels started spinning without the gas pedal depressed. It’s on jack stands. Same in reverse.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:32 PM   #5
Summerwood
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Is it cheaper to put in a V-Glide like in my 89? Or replace sylinoids?
Old 02-28-2020, 02:35 PM   #6
Summerwood
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwood View Post
Is it cheaper to put in a V-Glide like in my 89? Or replace sylinoids?
Well I just purchased 5 solenoids for $42. Shipped o my door. They arrive in 5-6 days. I was going to look at the V-Glide. But figured I’d give these cheap solenoids a try. Only going to replace the ones I find bad. Figure if the old originals are still kicking, they gotta be better then the new cheapies. LOL
Old 02-28-2020, 04:12 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Start spraying penetrating oil on the bolts. They might be ready to let go time the replacements get there
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 04:25 PM   #8
Summerwood
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 86 cart I just got.

Already ahead of you on that one. Thanks for the look out!
Old 02-29-2020, 03:16 PM   #9
LEMANSZ20
Gone Wild
Club Car

I have an 87 and honestly even though you think they are good, its better to replace all the solenoids. I got oem ones though, so I spent more then you, but so I dont have to go digging on an older cart. You need to also check the little box where all the wires go that make these carts go forward.

Press the gas and make sure you hear 5 clicks, but do it with the cart in neutral as something may need to be replaced in that spot.
LEMANSZ20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 04:23 PM   #10
Summerwood
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEMANSZ20 View Post
I have an 87 and honestly even though you think they are good, its better to replace all the solenoids. I got oem ones though, so I spent more then you, but so I dont have to go digging on an older cart. You need to also check the little box where all the wires go that make these carts go forward.

Press the gas and make sure you hear 5 clicks, but do it with the cart in neutral as something may need to be replaced in that spot.
The old ones
Yeah it’s on jake stands now. I already looked inside the box with the micro switches. It was spotless like brand new. So I believe I’ll be good there. Already loosened all bolts to all solenoids. Just waiting on the replacements to com in. I may change all, then test the old ones while they are out and keep the good ones for a spare. Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car