lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2020, 12:33 AM   #1
Jberry6994
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thumbs up Wiring diagram for solid state conversion

Hey everyone, I am new to the forum so please bare with me if I am asking a question that has been asked several times already.

I am looking for a wiring diagram for my 82 club car ds solid state conversion. I am going with the alltrax sr-48400 controller, PB-6 potbox, HD 400 amp solenoid, HD 36v switch. (Accidentally ordered the wrong switch... hope I can make it work)

Thanks in advance.
Jberry6994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2020, 06:04 AM   #2
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Wiring diagram for solid state conversion

First, welcome to the addiction! You can go to the Alltrax website and find their wiring diagrams and download the SR controller manual which has diagrams in it. Also check out the stickies at the top of the club car forum for the wiring diagram for your cart for comparison.
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 01:59 PM   #3
Jberry6994
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the welcome. I actually found a wiring diagram but I am having trouble figuring out where my cables go on the 36v switch since I am running 48v to it. In assuming it will be different than the OEM wiring
Old 03-23-2020, 05:33 PM   #4
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

It shouldn't matter whether your running 36 or 48 volts the F/R switch will be wired the same.
Old 03-23-2020, 06:15 PM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

On your new FnR switch, you will basically mirror the existing wiring, except you will not have a cable from the middle of the pack to the lower right stub on the switch.
Your 36v cart would have had two cables to the bottom of the switch on the left (as facing the front of the cart) would be main pack positive for forward power. On the right would be a cable from the middle of the pack for reduced reverse speed (18v or 24v).
On your new switch if it has two stubs on the bottom you will have your main positive for the FnR coming from the controller B+ to either lower stub on the switch. You will then have a Jumper bar or short jumper cable going from one stub to the other so that reverse works.

Alltrax has many diagrams this one is probably close to yours.
https://alltraxinc.com/wp-content/up...V-WIRE-DIA.pdf

If you got your setup from Scottyb you might email him and ask for specifics on connecting the PB6 throttle.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:38 PM   #6
Jberry6994
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I didnt order a "kit". Instead I ordered the parts individually because I didnt know about scottyb's kit.

On another note I got everything put together today and at 1st the controller gave me a uncalibrated throttle code. Then when I press and release the throttle it gives me a precharge error code.

Please help!
Old 03-24-2020, 09:45 AM   #7
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

What throttle type is the controller set at? If you haven't already downloaded the Alltrax Toolkit software you need to so you can hook up to the controller to check the settings. It should be set to 0-5k for a PB-6 I believe.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:56 AM   #8
Jberry6994
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It was set to 5k-0. I changed it to 0-5k and for some reason it wont stay on that setting. It switches to "club car" setting
Old 03-24-2020, 09:14 PM   #9
Jberry6994
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I messed with it some today and I guess I was supposed to press "set" to save the changes. That fixed the problem.

To fix the precharge error I tried to reverse the diode on the solenoid ,thinking maybe I had it on backwards. Still no clicking, so I removed the diode completely and it works. I guess the new diode I got is bad? How do you test a diode?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car