lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2020, 05:27 PM   #1
lonnya
Not Yet Wild

Default Light Bar for 1990 Club Car DS?

Hello,

First post. Just completed a full motor and controller upgrade to my 1990 Club Car DS. Big THANKS to ScottyB for all his help.

Now I want to install lights. I know I can find the full cut in style for both front and rears lights but honestly dont want to cut out the openings on the fiberglass if there is a better option. I dont need this to be street legal and dont need a ton of light (just occasional short drive home from the course when it is dark).

Looking at light bars there seems to be a ton of great options for the 1993 on up. But I cant seem to find any light bars made for the bottom front bumper on the pre 1993 models. I know I see options for larger overhead style lights on the roof but honestly seems overkill for what I need. It seems like a small light bar on the bottom bumper would be perfect. I just dont see any options searching the market? Would the light bars for the newer models still work with a bit of retrofitting? Or could I even just replace the full bumper assembly?

Open to any other ideas or suggestons.

Thanks
Lonny
lonnya is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2020, 06:35 PM   #2
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Light Bar for 1990 Club Car DS?

Bought a set of these (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) in 2018 for < $10. I think their now $13.50. They mount to the front bumper bolts. Great addition. Bar not needed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lights.jpg (146.4 KB, 0 views)
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:47 PM   #3
lonnya
Not Yet Wild

Hey Thanks..those look pretty cool. Any special retrofitting required or just attach right to the bolts?

Assume they give off plenty of light for some basic nighttime driving.
Old 04-08-2020, 07:49 PM   #4
lonnya
Not Yet Wild

Oh..and assume you just wire back to the 12V regulator? And did you also wire up a separate on/off switch?
Old 04-08-2020, 08:15 PM   #5
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a 48V - 12V converter. Key switch turns cart on. After key switch on, master switch turns converter on. Light switch turns lights on. Actually, I have head/tail lights, ground effects lights, and usb port all powered by different switches and the master. No retro. just take out bumper bolts and add these. Mine is a 1990 DS too.
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 08:22 AM   #6
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

I installed a 10" led light bar on the front bumper. Wired it up to a on/off switch an installed a 48V to 12V converter that is activated with the key switch. I also wired it with a 2 wire disconnect.
Ordered it from Amazon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0200.jpg (588.4 KB, 0 views)
Goober11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 09:02 AM   #7
lonnya
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober11 View Post
I installed a 10" led light bar on the front bumper. Wired it up to a on/off switch an installed a 48V to 12V converter that is activated with the key switch. I also wired it with a 2 wire disconnect.
Ordered it from Amazon.
Thanks. Did the size of that light bar fit right up with the 2 bolts on the bumber or did you have to drill new holes. And do you think it gives off enough light?

Curious if you still have the link to the one you ordered on Amazon.
Old 04-09-2020, 10:03 AM   #8
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is the link for the light. I did drill holes in the bumper to mount it also had to turn the mounting brackets facing inward so it would fit. It does put out a good light. You may be able to fabricate a mounting bracket if you do not want to dill holes in your bumper.
Goober11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car