lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2020, 02:56 PM   #1
billythekid13
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default EZ-GO's cousin FAIRPLAY (Project Cart)

I have read in a few threads that EZ-GO parts (lift kits, brush guards, steering) is very similar to Fairplay. Is this true. I am thinking of buying a 6 seater Fairplay cart as a project but don't want to be peeing in the wind when I can't find a lift kit or lights kit to soup it up and make it street legal. Is this cart worth purchasing (see pic)? I am willing to put in the sweat and blood!

48V 6 Seater for about $2,000

It will need new batts, charger, 3 or 6 inch lift, wheels, tires, lights, and who knows what else.

https://ibb.co/qnH7RXm
billythekid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2020, 10:01 PM   #2
Mesquite
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZ-GO's cousin FAIRPLAY (Project Cart)

I was an Fairplay dealer about 14 years ago. Most of the ezgo parts fit, we did a few lifts and such without issue. That said, the quality of the carts wasn't great as I recall. Things like stainless steel rusting after a few months and such. I only sold them for about a year, maybe the later years improved?

They also don't hold much value. In my humble opinion, $2k is a bit steep for a cart needing that much invested. I'd probably keep looking.
Mesquite is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO