lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2020, 05:40 PM   #1
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Rectifying Problems with early RXV's

I know the early RXV's had some issues. I am looking at 2009 model specifically.

I know the motor brake was a lemon and would have to replace it.

Was there a problem with the Dannaher Controller other than the very proprietary programming interface?

I probably will upgrade to Navitas or Curtis Controller, something I can program myself (thanks again Bob).

Anything else I might need to change out to make a 2009 as reliable as the later Curtis Controller models?
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2020, 06:28 PM   #2
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rectifying Problems with early RXV's

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordpi View Post
I know the early RXV's had some issues. I am looking at 2009 model specifically.

I know the motor brake was a lemon and would have to replace it.

Was there a problem with the Dannaher Controller other than the very proprietary programming interface?

I probably will upgrade to Navitas or Curtis Controller, something I can program myself (thanks again Bob).

Anything else I might need to change out to make a 2009 as reliable as the later Curtis Controller models?
I have a 2010 with the Danaher controller and read reports of problems. Mine is 10 years old, non-lifted and runs just great. I get 24.5 MPH on 20.5" tires.

I was concerned about the controller also, however after asking here I received replies that it would likely be fine given my setup.

If you change out the motor brake, stick with an OEM replacement which have been upgraded and avoid the so called HD brake as that could damage the controller.
Chevota Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:06 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Rectifying Problems with early RXV's

The most common problems (besides super old motor brake designs, which you are aware of) are as follows.

- early version of motor encoder (motor speed sensor) was installed buried inside the motor & more difficult/expensive to fix.

- early version of solenoid was a really bad one, at this point, I'm surprised when I see an original still in service, and suspect it first when problems come up (a pretty cheap fix that puts a better one there).

- "resistor control module" is a troublesome thing & expensive, but pinpointing if it's your problem is pretty easy.

- last, and worst of all, corrosion problems in the wiring harness, this comes up pretty frequently. And because of how its routed, it's hard to avoid. Unless it has been kept super clean, it will eventually happen to you too.

While I definitely have seen some danaher controller failures, the controller itself is not at the "top of the list" of what makes owning that era of rxv expensive.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO