lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2020, 02:14 PM   #1
Jaybird18
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Washing

getting ready to head to the beach at the end of this week. Would like to wash and shine the cart up before I go. Any do's or don't when washing a RXV with a water hose?
Jaybird18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2020, 05:07 PM   #2
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Washing

I was concerned about getting any water into the pedal well, the battery compartment, or the wiring channels below the floor mat where the harness runs.

I quit using a hose and switched to the rinseless car wash method that I use on my vehicles. I'll use the hose on the suspension components, but that's about it. I realize that golf carts get wet on the course, but I've seen so many reports of corrosion, bad sensors, switches and the like that I avoid any water when possible.

An inexpensive sprayer and a bunch of good microfiber towels work best for me. It is safe and my paint is PPG Deltron basecoat/clearcoat custom mixed, so I don't take washing casually.

Chevota Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 10:11 AM   #3
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Talking Re: Washing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird18 View Post
getting ready to head to the beach at the end of this week. Would like to wash and shine the cart up before I go. Any do's or don't when washing a RXV with a water hose?
Which beach?

I use the car detail wash and shine on mine.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 08:59 PM   #4
Jaybird18
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

We ade heading to myrtle beach. We stay at oceanlakes
Jaybird18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 08:27 AM   #5
Whitaker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

In my experience, with a TXT not an RXV. I've washed my cart with a pressure washer several times. Only issue I've had is getting the ITS switch under the floor wet. In my experience it has dried out and been fine.
While doing some work on my cart recently I discovered the drain was clogged for the ITS switch box.

The controller is covered, but I never use pressure under the seat when I'm washing it.

Just be mindful when washing it.

When I clean the batteries I pour a gallon of warm water with baking soda across the pack then hose it off with low pressure.

Again this is with a TXT, not an RXV. YMMV

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Whitaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO