lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2020, 08:26 AM   #1
clemson_tigers2020
Not Yet Wild

Default 2015 Precedent Tire Wear

I've had my 2015 Club Car Precedent for 8 months. We use it a lot and drive it mostly on asphalt. When we got the cart, I noticed the front wheels wobble just a little bit. In the last couple of weeks, I've noticed excessive tire wear on the front passenger-side tire....right in the middle of the tire. All the other tires look just fine. I've reached out to the reputable company who sold the cart to me, and I am awaiting a response from them. So I guess I have a couple of questions.

1- I have a 1 year warranty from the dealer, would that normally cover the repair and tire replacement?
2 - Any idea what the excessive tire wear cause is?

Thanks for your help. Glad to be a part of the forum.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Passenger Tire Pic.jpg (200.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Driver Tire Pic.jpg (198.4 KB, 0 views)
clemson_tigers2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2020, 08:48 AM   #2
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2015 Precedent Tire Wear

Check your tire pressure, maybe they are over inflated.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 04:13 PM   #3
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

One tire not wearing and the other wearing on the front = alignment problem. Tire pressure could be a contributing factor as the wear is in the center of the tire.

On question #1. I seriously doubt the warranty would cover tire wear. Asking never hurts though.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 12:21 PM   #4
hipower
Getting Wild
Club Car

Beyond toe in, I often find the bushings in the front end are hammered out and need replaced. Not a difficult job, just a PITA to get them inserted sometimes. A good cleaning with emery paper in the eyes, Silicone lube and large washers on the bolt pulls the stubborn ones into place pretty quickly. The same thing is common on the rear leaf spring and shackle ends.
hipower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 02:54 PM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Warranty questions would be between you and the dealer. Not possible for us to say what they cover.
Those tires are way over inflated. You still have the nubs from the forming process on the outer tread which shows that part of the tread has never even touched the road. Add to that those are turf tires which are typically made with a softer compound to alle better grip on grass, and that means they will wear very quickly on asphalt.
It’s also very common for the Steering arms to be bent on the precedent and throw the toe angle out. Bushing wear will also cause the alignment to be out. Either of these will greatly accelerate tire wear on a tire that’s already not made for the purpose it’s being used for.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 07:46 AM   #6
Larry0071
Not Yet Wild

The tires are far over pressurized. They should be flat across the tread face and making even contact with the earth. Yours are bulged out and round like an ATV tire. That alone could be the issue, or it could be exacerbating an alignment issue.
Larry0071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car