lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2020, 06:30 PM   #1
SakDaddy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Speed Magnet - Club Car Precedent

I have a 2016 Club Car Precedent, JE serial number, and a 3.7hp motor with a serial number starting with ADC...will a speed magnet work? I don’t know what the difference is between an IQ cart and one that’s not IQ. Thanks for the help!
SakDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2020, 06:47 PM   #2
SakDaddy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Speed Magnet - Club Car Precedent

I just saw that I have a Curtis 1515 controller too...does that mean the speed magnet will not work with my cart?
Old 07-19-2020, 07:27 PM   #3
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Correct...A speed magnet will not work in your cart...You have an excel cart...If you want more speed you can have a dealer install speed code 4 for about a hundred bucks (19-20mph) or upgrade the controller/motor...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 07:52 PM   #4
SakDaddy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin-on View Post
Correct...A speed magnet will not work in your cart...You have an excel cart...If you want more speed you can have a dealer install speed code 4 for about a hundred bucks (19-20mph) or upgrade the controller/motor...
Thanks!

I already had the Speed Code 4 done. With that and lithium battery, I consistently get 24 - 26mph. I was hoping the speed magnet would work for an inexpensive way to add a few more mph until I’m ready to do the AC swap.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car