lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2020, 10:14 PM   #1
Ders26
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Differential not engaging

I have an EZGO txt that was working fine. I came to a stop and tried to go again and it would not move. It makes a grinding noise along the rear axle. I have read thread after thread but cannot seem to figure out my problem. My lack of vocabulary may make this harder to explain. I have tested batteries and load tested them. Batteries are not the issue. I have checked to make sure my hubs were not stripped. They are not. I have put cart on jack stands and can stop one or both wheels while pressing the accelerator with very minimal effort. I dropped my pan and the gears look to be in good shape. With the cart on stands, I can slowly press the accelerator up to full throttle with no issues. If I got press the accelerator to the floor, you can hear something slipping for a few seconds until the wheels catch up and the sound goes away. I am not sure how the gears are meant to engage the axles. I have exhausted my troubleshooting knowledge. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ders26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2020, 04:41 AM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: Differential not engaging

Welcome to BGW

NEVER press the accelerator up to full throttle while the cart is on jack stands. That's a good way to blow up your motor

sounds like a striped brake hub,

you have to be able to see the castle nut in the middle of your rear wheels, if you have a center cap covering the nut, you need to remove it, when you can see the castle nut holding the hub on the axle, --- this will take two people to do, one of you put your foot on the brake and push the go pedal easy, JUST for a second, and the other needs to see if the NUT in the middle of the wheel is spinning, and the wheel is not, start with the driver side, but check both , this is a common problem with ezgo, let us know what you find, its a easy fix if this is your problem.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 08:11 AM   #3
Ders26
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you for the tip. I did not take it to full acceleration for long at all but will not do it again. I have checked both hubs and neither axle spins when you hold the tire. I can not figure out what would have gone wrong just by stopping for a few seconds. Is it possibly the input shaft?
Ders26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 08:44 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If it was the input shaft I would think there would be metal in the pan. Like rib said have someone hold the brake and gas so the hubs won’t turn then look for a spinning nut.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 03:49 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Remove motor & check input shaft splines & motor coupler.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO