lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2020, 10:06 PM   #1
jubal
Not Yet Wild

Question TXT '01 PDS No solenoid click, reverse buzzer, and wont go

When I turn the key on and put it in forward or reverse I get full power at the battery meter (37.6 right now) but no reverse buzzer when in reverse.

The solenoid does not click when I press the pedal, but the underneath microswitch does click. I tested the white wire connecting to the ITS according to the manual and it has 0 volts with the pedal pressed down, so I am ordering a new one but I have my doubts that the ITS is my issue.

Last week I replaced the fwd/reverse switch, the solenoid, and the resistor, all to no effect. I have the reed switch bypassed, it does charge when I hook it up.

Do I have a dead controller? Whats my next step from here

Thank you
jubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2020, 10:29 PM   #2
jubal
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: TXT '01 PDS No solenoid click, reverse buzzer, and wont go

Looking at some old JohnnieB posts I've seen him say to check that B+ is present on all the red colored wires on the wiring schematic picture which shows checking certain posts at J1 on the controller.

I checked J1 and it looks like this:

1 37.6
2 -
3 36.9
4 37.6
5 37.6
6 -
7 36.9
8 36.9
9 36.9
10 -

I have no idea what this means. 7,8,9 all lead back to Key switch, I have 2 and swapped them out with no change in the voltage present at the controller.

The voltage at the pedal switch shows 36.8, one of them only showing that when the pedal is pressed.
Old 09-21-2020, 04:08 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

With Yellow and Blue wire off, check the continuity of the solenoid coil.

If it has continuity, your controller is bad.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 06:12 PM   #4
jubal
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
With Yellow and Blue wire off, check the continuity of the solenoid coil.

If it has continuity, your controller is bad.
Thanks big J!

No continuity. I assumed you meant with the cart turned off, in tow mode. No continuity that way at least.
Old 09-21-2020, 06:35 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubal View Post
Thanks big J!

No continuity. I assumed you meant with the cart turned off, in tow mode. No continuity that way at least.
Tow mode, yellow and blue wires disconnected. Measure continuity between the small solenoid studs the yellow and blue wires came off of.

If solenoid coil was intact, you should get pack voltage on J1 Pin-6 when there was pack voltage on J1 Pin-7 and pedal is not pushed.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 06:52 PM   #6
jubal
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Tow mode, yellow and blue wires disconnected. Measure continuity between the small solenoid studs the yellow and blue wires came off of.

If solenoid coil was intact, you should get pack voltage on J1 Pin-6 when there was pack voltage on J1 Pin-7 and pedal is not pushed.
Yep just double checked, with tow mode on and with both blue + yellow disconnected there was no continuity beep when checking the two small studs sticking off the front of the solenoid.

J1 pin 7 dropped by .1 since yesterday so its at 36.8 - J1 pin 6 is showing 36.6 without the pedal pushed. Pack voltage showing 37.5
Old 09-21-2020, 10:07 PM   #7
jubal
Not Yet Wild

Working on reverse buzzer. I put two new leads on it and it made sound. I got pack voltage at J1 pin 10 and J1 pin 2 with the cart in reverse. The manual says the only other thing it could be is "replace Logic Power".

What the hell is logic power?
Old 09-21-2020, 10:19 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The Run/Tow switch?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:09 AM   #9
jubal
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
The Run/Tow switch?
That's interesting. That wiring picture does show the run/tow switch at "Logic Supply" apparently.

The run/tow appears to be working though. When I flip it to tow the battery meter shuts off, when I flip it to run it kicks back on.
Old 09-22-2020, 09:08 AM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubal View Post
Yep just double checked, with tow mode on and with both blue + yellow disconnected there was no continuity beep when checking the two small studs sticking off the front of the solenoid.

J1 pin 7 dropped by .1 since yesterday so its at 36.8 - J1 pin 6 is showing 36.6 without the pedal pushed. Pack voltage showing 37.5
If you put it in tow, disconnected the yellow and blue wires from the solenoid, put your meter on ohms and then checked for continuity on the 2 small lugs and it failed the solenoid is bad.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO