lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2020, 10:10 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT '01 PDS No solenoid click, reverse buzzer, and wont go

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubal View Post
Yep just double checked, with tow mode on and

1. with both blue + yellow disconnected there was no continuity beep when checking the two small studs sticking off the front of the solenoid.

2. J1 pin 7 dropped by .1 since yesterday so its at 36.8 - J1 pin 6 is showing 36.6 without the pedal pushed. Pack voltage showing 37.5
1. The solenoid coil is open. Replace the solenoid with a better one.

2. The voltage to Pin-7 goes through several switches, plus through several plug/jack contacts as well as several connections inside the controller, so spray cleaning the plugs and jacks may help.

Attached is a drawing of the voltage paths through a stock PDS controller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Voltage paths through PDS controller.jpg (138.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2020, 10:33 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
1. Working on reverse buzzer. I put two new leads on it and it made sound.

2. I got pack voltage at J1 pin 10 and J1 pin 2 with the cart in reverse.

3. The manual says the only other thing it could be is "replace Logic Power".

4. What the hell is logic power?

2. Normal.

3. Please list which manual and what page where you found the quoted statement.

4. Logic power is the voltage that comes through the reed switch and enters the controller on J1 Pin-4. A truth table (logic diagram) can be applied to what has to happen in order for a PDS controller to operate and the voltage that goes through all the steps on the truth table is called logic power.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:50 AM   #13
jubal
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
1. The solenoid coil is open. Replace the solenoid with a better one.

2. The voltage to Pin-7 goes through several switches, plus through several plug/jack contacts as well as several connections inside the controller, so spray cleaning the plugs and jacks may help.

Attached is a drawing of the voltage paths through a stock PDS controller.
Dang it's a brand new solenoid. I guess I messed something up in the installation. I'll order a new one and clean out the plugs and jacks and see what happens. Thanks again.

Quote:

2. Normal.

3. Please list which manual and what page where you found the quoted statement.

4. Logic power is the voltage that comes through the reed switch and enters the controller on J1 Pin-4. A truth table (logic diagram) can be applied to what has to happen in order for a PDS controller to operate and the voltage that goes through all the steps on the truth table is called logic power.
I used this manual - https://mygolfbuggy.com/maintenance/...r%20Manual.pdf

On page 73 it's got No Buzzer in the troubleshooting chart there with Corrective Actions listed.
jubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 11:17 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Dang it's a brand new solenoid. I guess I messed something up in the installation. I'll order a new one and clean out the plugs and jacks and see what happens. Thanks again.

I used this manual - https://mygolfbuggy.com/maintenance/...r%20Manual.pdf

On page 73 it's got No Buzzer in the troubleshooting chart there with Corrective Actions listed.
What was the voltage rating for the coil of that solenoid?

Make sure the solenoid has a 36V coil and the contacts ought to be rated at 100A or more.

Page 73 of 228 in Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is Page F-7 in the manual, says "Repair/replace logic power". The articulation of EZGO's tech-writers at the time, needed some grooming
Old 09-22-2020, 11:57 AM   #15
jubal
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
What was the voltage rating for the coil of that solenoid?

Make sure the solenoid has a 36V coil and the contacts ought to be rated at 100A or more.

Page 73 of 228 in Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is Page F-7 in the manual, says "Repair/replace logic power". The articulation of EZGO's tech-writers at the time, needed some grooming
Oh yes I printed that manual out and noticed right away it didnt have page numbers, so I had to binder it.

I used E-Z-GO 36 Volt Solenoid Electric Models from buggies unlimited https://www.buggiesunlimited.com/gol...c-models)/1125

I didn't secure the inner nut on the small studs when putting on the blue and yellow wires, though I may sure not to over torque them - that may have caused the damage.
Old 09-26-2020, 12:27 AM   #16
jubal
Not Yet Wild

Well I changed out the solenoid and no cigar. I did notice on J4 coming from the pedal switch 1 has pack voltage and 2 has 36.8 like half the connections on J1 does. Looks like they connect inside the controller? Does this indicate a controller failure?
Old 09-26-2020, 10:00 AM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Well I changed out the solenoid and no cigar. I did notice on J4 coming from the pedal switch 1 has pack voltage and 2 has 36.8 like half the connections on J1 does. Looks like they connect inside the controller? Does this indicate a controller failure?
The image I attached to Post#11 shows how the control voltage(s) pass through the controller.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO