lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2020, 10:14 PM   #1
Ditchdr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Problems with ezgo and alltrax controller

I have a 2005 ezgo txte I bought used. Was having trouble with f&r switch. From purchase until now I have melted 2 f&r switches, currently on the third and holding strong. Cart was converted to a 48v from a 36v prior to me buying. Just recently changed the solenoid to a 48v constant duty from a 36v. Cart came with alltrax controller installed at time of purchase (model # axe4844). Motor is still 36v but was told by multiple people that's ok... Now trying to clean up the wiring and removed all of the splices for the lighting put in by the previous owner. After removing those I get a spark everytime I try and reattach the positive wire to the battery pack. Can someone help me out with the controller wiring. I feel like that is a start and I will build on that. Thank you in advance.
Ditchdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2020, 02:17 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Problems with ezgo and alltrax controller

Here is a schematic for an AXE in a post 1994 series drive. Verify your cart wiring matches it.

The controller has about a dozen filter capacitors (upward of a farad total capacitance) connected between the B- and B+ terminals, so there is going to be a spark when the last cable is connected.

For a 48V battery pack, there ought to be 470Ω 10W resistor between the solenoid's larger terminals. If the solenoid was previously attached to a 36V battery pack, the resistor might only be 250Ω, which will allow a bigger spark when connecting the last cable of a 48V pack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AXE-NPX in EZGO.jpg (258.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 05:36 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Also if there is a 12v reducer , as there should be, for the 12v accessories the converter could be causing a spark. Good news is this will only happen once when connected.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 10:03 AM   #4
Ditchdr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I checked for a 12 volt reducer, not one I can find. I removed all of the 12 volt wiring to try and isolate the problem. I am going to trace the wiring for the alltrax controller and the motor wiring. Thank you guys for the quick responses.
Ditchdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO