lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2020, 06:23 PM   #1
cmebulldog
Not Yet Wild

Default Quiq for 48V

Just bought my first cart, and I don’t know much about them. My batteries have died, and the quiq doesn’t seem to be charging...does it have to be set up for that cart? What I can find online doesn’t help a lot. The bottom four lights light up, but I get no charge.
I’m literally a total noob, and this is a Christmas present!! I need ANY help!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cmebulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2020, 07:55 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Quiq for 48V

The charger wont "kick on" with totally dead batteries, you will have to individually charge them up some so the charger can recognize its hooked to anything.

Putting "jumper cables" from another cart that's not dead would get you going faster. Be sure to check the water levels of your dead batteries before proceeding, and if they're low, fill them to "Just Above the plates" (important to specifically follow that part).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 08:09 PM   #3
cmebulldog
Not Yet Wild

Thanks! I did fill the batteries, but I don’t believe the charger has ever charged the batteries at all. When I bought the ezgo in October, I plugged it in every two weeks for about 12-14 hours. It has only been in storage the whole time with less than 10 minutes ‘run time’....I guess that’s why I’m wondering if the charger ever charged the batteries to begin with

Old 12-13-2020, 08:14 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmebulldog View Post
Thanks! I did fill the batteries, but I don’t believe the charger has ever charged the batteries at all. When I bought the ezgo in October, I plugged it in every two weeks for about 12-14 hours. It has only been in storage the whole time with less than 10 minutes ‘run time’....I guess that’s why I’m wondering if the charger ever charged the batteries to begin with

Sounds like it may not have. How old are the batteries?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 08:24 PM   #5
cgtech

Yamaha

And, what is the current pack voltage right now?
Old 12-13-2020, 09:31 PM   #6
cmebulldog
Not Yet Wild

The batteries (I believe) are new with the build, which should put them at less than a year old. I’m not 100% sure what ‘pack voltage’ means...again, I’m new as new gets.

Old 12-13-2020, 09:49 PM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

Carefully stick your volt meter leads on the 2 horizontally opposed terminals in your charge port, that will give you full battery pack voltage, as it sits right now. (Your volt meter should be set to the "200v DC" setting, or some DC voltage range that will allow reading 50+ volts).

What I meant was "total voltage of your entire pack of batteries".
Old 12-14-2020, 10:25 AM   #8
cmebulldog
Not Yet Wild

Default Quiq for 48V

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Carefully stick your volt meter leads on the 2 horizontally opposed terminals in your charge port, that will give you full battery pack voltage, as it sits right now. (Your volt meter should be set to the "200v DC" setting, or some DC voltage range that will allow reading 50+ volts).

What I meant was "total voltage of your entire pack of batteries".

Gotcha. And thanks for the clarification, I’m flying blind....I’m going to try to get back to my storage unit today. I’ve actually got a place nearby that said they’ll help with the charger tomorrow, so maybe they can tell me something!

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO