lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-15-2020, 09:12 AM   #1
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Wow.. these seats...

I can get the seat material etc pretty cheap.. foam.. etc.. but wow....the only reason to even mess with these is ease of getting a pattern. It is such a shame to see something as expensive and fun as one of these carts left in this sort of disrepair. The pictures do not show how bad it is.. it is literally disintegrating in front of me... and this is the first seat.

I was debating getting an emblem put into the seats... is that hard to have done and, if so, where do you all go?

I hate to waste favors from the guy I know can do the single color on something like that.... would rather save that for the boat needs lol.

R
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3899.jpg (136.3 KB, 0 views)
GradyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2020, 09:34 AM   #2
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wow.. these seats...

Holy cow....I had to add....these EZGOs are made stout as heck.

With the exception of the battery mounts, I get it.. I can see where they get wet and the areas falling out are the ones behind the wind and the water stays and rots out the metal there... the rest, where it can drain, solid as hell. I just went all around the sides taking pictures and trying to get an idea where and what to work on today and noticed solid steel construction under all the stuff I would remove.

I am curious though about the square.. looks like pads of some sort.. with plastic clip ins that hold them in, but they also look to be glued. They look like rhino line, but are not.. and they are worn and dirty.. so I was going to remove them and clean down to the metal...but wanted to ask how you all clean them up better as they look to be like bad flooring you hate to remove lol...

Also noticed the rear seat that was rotted to hell and back again (they all are)... was supposed to fold down to a bed, but is not like the ones in the pictures of the kits you can buy.. curious if it was an option or custom. I do not see where it can be removed, so the plan is to grind it down clean and rhino line it after priming it.

Hrm... what else....the rest looks pretty darn solid. Will remove what I can to clean, sand, paint.. then put it all back. Keeping a journal and have 300 ziploc baggies with notes in each.. lol.. CDO.. that is OCD in the right order ;)

I swear... I should never have gotten this shop.... it is an addiction lol....

I like the idea of a trailer hitch on the back....need to plan for that. Saw it in a video. Looks like it already has front fog lights and rear lights.. and even side lights... will update those if they are not LED :P

R

p.s. thanks for letting the new guy ramble.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3900.jpg (119.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3901.jpg (129.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3902.jpg (118.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3903.jpg (117.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3904.jpg (87.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-15-2020, 10:33 AM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Most all those rear seats come with those cushion bases made with either the Chinese plywood (almost feels like balsa) or chip board, neither puts up with water well. When we redo those older seats we like to use plastic: HDPE or PVC - available in 1/2" thick 4 x 8 sheets at several of the big box home stores or industrial supply places. The rotten wood gets nasty with black mold, bugs and weird vegetation growing out of them. That rear seat framework could well be "home made", but looks fairy stout.
Your square in back is the bag well. In it's original purpose on a golf course that's where the bags for the clubs would sit. Newer TXT's have a plastic liner that sits in there, held in place with those plastic push pins. Is that rear body metal? Looks like it could be an EZGO medalist with a newer plastic TXT front body section.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 10:47 AM   #4
GradyTX
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
Most all those rear seats come with those cushion bases made with either the Chinese plywood (almost feels like balsa) or chip board, neither puts up with water well. When we redo those older seats we like to use plastic: HDPE or PVC - available in 1/2" thick 4 x 8 sheets at several of the big box home stores or industrial supply places. The rotten wood gets nasty with black mold, bugs and weird vegetation growing out of them. That rear seat framework could well be "home made", but looks fairy stout.
Your square in back is the bag well. In it's original purpose on a golf course that's where the bags for the clubs would sit. Newer TXT's have a plastic liner that sits in there, held in place with those plastic push pins. Is that rear body metal? Looks like it could be an EZGO medalist with a newer plastic TXT front body section.
Good idea with the thick PVC.

The rear is a plastic insert over a steel frame. I will know more once I am able to get those corner plastic push pin style clips out and get it off there to clean and fix. Still looks solid. Will reinforce it all after I grind and wire brush it all down to bare metal and seal/prime it before painting.

R
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO