lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2021, 07:12 AM   #1
aleminx
Not Yet Wild

Default Anyone using Navitas 440 amp with their txt?

just scored one for $300

been searching around a bit seems like everyone loves the alltrax?

tell me what you know!
aleminx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2021, 05:01 PM   #2
XDoctor
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Anyone using Navitas 440 amp with their txt?

I asked a similar question not long ago and was directed to a facebook group called Golf Carts Modified.

Prepare your wallet.
XDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 05:06 PM   #3
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It would depend on which TXT you have.

I like the navitas controller for the Sepex carts (PDS)

I hate them on the series carts......

I absolutely LOVE them on a RXV

and I'm really growing fond of their AC conversion kits for the Club Car and the newer TXT carts.........
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 08:53 PM   #4
Csaavedra
Not Yet Wild

I have one on a 1997 dcs. 440 a with on the fly controller. I purchased an admiral bt2 motor. Without the speed sensor on the motor i couldn’t get full power. The navitas tech. Informed me that with that motor i needed to purchase a wire and plug up the speed sensor to the provided navitas harness adapter. It now runs 28-30 mph .
Csaavedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 09:57 PM   #5
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleminx View Post
just scored one for $300

been searching around a bit seems like everyone loves the alltrax?

tell me what you know!
I know a lot. I am a certified Navitas installer (NVS-D-2019-032). My personal cart lovingly known as "Nux" placed second in the Golf Carts Modified 2020 Build-off.

In the DC controller (Navitas TSX3.0 platform) market they are pretty much the same as a Alltrax with more included trim options like Bluetooth programming and the on-the-fly controller for speed, regen braking and acceleration control. I live 55km from Navitas HQ in Canada and 100% of the dealers in Canada exclusively sell Navitas products after-market as its hard to bring in Alltrax when the assembly plant for Navitas is in Waterloo, Ontario. So I rarely see any Alltrax products in carts. My Alltrax XTC 500a TXT48 cost me about 400$ CND to bring in than a TSX3.0 600a with OTF and Harness to give you an example. Controller pricing is VERY location based I find.

I personally have a 500a XTC in my controller collection with the TXT48 plug. I rarely use it and its hard to sell because it only works on the TXT48 harness. My collection of TSX3.0 controllers I can sell off and swap the harness out to any supported platform (Yamaha, TXT48, PDS, DCS, CC, etc...) as the main harness plug on a TSX3.0 is a MX150 universal plug. I even make custom harness adapters for the TSX3.0 platform and direct wire to the harness.

My personal cart has a 72v TSX3.0 600a controller driving an AMD EQ7-4003 72v double brushed shunt motor on a 9x8v lead acid setup.

In the AC Inverter (controller) space Alltrax doesn't compete with Navitas as they don't sell a AC Inverter. Major manufacturers like SME, Curtis, Sevcon and Kelly compete with Navitas in that market space. The Navitas TAC2 AC inverters are quite popular in the golf cart after market and they support replacement for a variety of carts. RXV being a strong seller for them but, the volume of sales they make on the AC controller and AC motors that they make and sell is quite impressive.

I own one each of the TSX3.0 DC controllers:

1. TSX3.0 440a 48v
2. TSX3.0 600a 48v
3. TSX3.0 600a 72v (special order)

I own several TAC2 AC Inverters and Navitas AC Inductive motors:

1. 4kw Dana19 Spline
2. 5kw Dana19 Spline
3. 600a TAC2 RXV Danaher replacement
4. 600a TAC2 TXT48
5. Piles of other TAC2 combinations...

I have personally walked the assembly floor and seen the entire assembly process. They are a world-class operation for sure. I even followed my previous TAC2 through the whole assembly process with the top-dog engineer there. Saw every component, the programming, testing of the unit, assembly. They are not some barn in the forest that is for sure. They are in the heart of Silicon Valley North and in the most innovative technology center of Canada. (Waterloo, ON)

The install of my 72v TSX3.0 600a on "Nux" as an example:

navitas.jpg

Cheers,
Greg
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 10:03 PM   #6
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
I hate them on the series carts......
I am not fond of series wound motors in generally but, my buddy does have one on a TSX3.0 with a custom D&D motor that Vic made and its a monster of a cart. Running 72v and custom programmed. Its fast and catwalks. Eats AH like crazy though.
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO