lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2021, 12:17 PM   #1
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Putting a carryall 2 bed on a carryall 1 frame

Can this be done by just moving the hinges on the bed further foward?

I understand it would hang over the back more than a carryall bed, and it would probably put a little more weight out the back.

Found a cooler bed from a golf course, and I want to buy it if I can mount on my carryall 1. I'm thinking I should be able to move the mounts forward and weld them so it fits my carryall 1. anybody know how much longer the carryall 2 beds are? or where the hinges are spaced?

thanks
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2021, 02:12 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Putting a carryall 2 bed on a carryall 1 frame

Try it and post pictures......
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 06:00 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I don’t know exact dimensions off the top of my head but the carryall 2 bed is about a foot longer, and about 6” wider than the carryall 1. It’s a pretty noticeable difference when they’re wide by side.

The owners manual should say exact specs between the 1, 2, and 6. But I don’t have that handy and honesty don’t fee motivated enough to look
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 09:04 AM   #4
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I don’t know exact dimensions off the top of my head but the carryall 2 bed is about a foot longer, and about 6” wider than the carryall 1. It’s a pretty noticeable difference when they’re wide by side.

The owners manual should say exact specs between the 1, 2, and 6. But I don’t have that handy and honesty don’t fee motivated enough to look
They sit wider than carryall 1s? Wouldn't that make lift kits not work or look really funny if you used a DS lift kit on a carryall 2?

Or does the bed stick out past the seat/front cowl
Old 05-14-2021, 11:26 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I’ve had both... 1’s and 2’s. I don’t recall the bed sticking out any further on the 2 so maybe the whole frame is a bit wider.

Found the page in the owners manual. I was close

In addition to that, those beds are really heavy. That must extra weight extending that far behind the rear axle is really probably enough to take a lot of the load off the front end and make the steering really squirrely. Let alone if you loaded up the bed it would probably ride a wheelie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C5C19006-AB7F-4DA3-A5C9-930B1B407551.jpg (39.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg A6497B4F-EBBA-461F-AA30-12D65BBCD594.jpg (51.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-15-2021, 12:47 PM   #6
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I’ve had both... 1’s and 2’s. I don’t recall the bed sticking out any further on the 2 so maybe the whole frame is a bit wider.

Found the page in the owners manual. I was close

In addition to that, those beds are really heavy. That must extra weight extending that far behind the rear axle is really probably enough to take a lot of the load off the front end and make the steering really squirrely. Let alone if you loaded up the bed it would probably ride a wheelie
I wonder why it is 4" wider? that is useful information, I figured it would be rear heavy but didnt consider what a bunch of beer and ice would also add
Old 05-15-2021, 01:20 PM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwocart View Post
I wonder why it is 4" wider? that is useful information, I figured it would be rear heavy but didnt consider what a bunch of beer and ice would also add
I don’t know for sure either because I never tried. But first hand, I know I could lift the front of my cart here off the ground with one hand
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5FB04101-4C6D-442B-8D5F-0146F06FFC5D.jpg (134.4 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car