lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2009, 11:37 AM   #1
kc1ez
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 128 to 1 premix?

my cart has a factory tag that says I should be mixing 128 to 1 using ezgo oil mix, this sounds very high to me, i have been running it at 50 to 1 with no problems other than a little more smoke, I tryed it at 85 to 1 and something in the carb stuck open and draned all the fuel on to the ground out the over flow hose, I am going to rebuild the carb and put on a new fuel pump, but I am just wondering what ratio I should run, and any recomended oil I should use, I am currenty using Dumond tech oil, the previous owner used blendsoil, thanks for any help, and happy fathers day to all you dads out there
kc1ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2009, 01:48 PM   #2
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 128 to 1 premix?

yea, the factory says 128 to 1 which is standard. The cart is designed for slow speed and lots of stop and go. Like when you play golf....
If you're going to run long distances, up hills for long runs...you would no longer be within the design. That would encourage me to up the mix ratio.
I had never heard of 128 to 1 until I started reading this forum. My 2 cycles all run 50:1 with no problem. But they are run HARD...
Buy a good quality premix oil, Yamalube is always good, silkolene, blendsall, belray are high performance 2 cycle oils. They work at a higher mix ratio with less fouling. They cost more, but there is a reason....
Don't mix oils together! Run your motor/tank empty to start a different oil. Some compounds (synthetic/petrol) don't work together and can damage your engine

Last edited by tonyton; 06-21-2009 at 05:38 PM.. Reason: mixing oils
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:03 PM   #3
kc1ez
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

great ,thank you for the info
Old 06-22-2009, 08:33 PM   #4
flashesbuck
Not Yet Wild

kc1ez... i was thinking the same thing, was going to ask but 50 one is what i was using and it runs great.
flashesbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:13 PM   #5
ruredy
Born Wild

lots of people run rich mixtures, it really seems to be a matter of preference. Ezgo says 1oz per gal (128:1) for light use (like golf) 1.5oz (85:1) for heavy use (like constant running) I guess the big question is how much is enough to protect the engine. At 50:1 I believe your wasting oil and gumming up your engine and muffler, at 128:1 (1oz per gal) I believe there's a chance you could seize the engine if you run it to hard. split the difference between the two and you get 89:1, very close to the 85:1 ezgo recommends for heavy use. The reason those engines don't use 50:1 is they simply don't tach up as much as a chainsaw, weedeater or others 2 strokes. They have no timing advance because they run in both directions, this limits their RPMs
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:24 PM   #6
kc1ez
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I think I will rebuild the carb and stay at the 85 to 1 and see how she go's
Thanks for the info
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO