lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2009, 11:56 PM   #1
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

Default EZGo Limo front seat location

Can any of you tell me how far back the front seat cowl on an EZGo Marathon limo cart (2 forward facing rows of seats) should be from the front of the cart (from the front of the floor, to the front of the seat)? I just got a limo project and it has a new floor, new heavier frame rails, etc., and the seat is still sitting loose. I need to know where to mount it. Although I may just set it back where I'm most comfortable sitting on it, rear passengers be danged! lol

Thanks for any info you can share.

Or, what does everyone think about not even bothering with the factory front seat cowl, and just mounting some bucket seats up front? I'm tempted to just do that, and build a set of rails for them, so I can build a center console between them. One less "seat" up front by doing that, but who cares really? What's a front cowl worth? Maybe I could sell it...

Project cart can be seen here - http://www.sonicperfection.com/EZGoLimoProject/
SP-Electronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2009, 04:33 AM   #2
DManos
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGo Limo front seat location

I can get some measurements for you this evening when I get home from work.
DManos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:54 PM   #3
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

Thanks, I appreciate it.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:02 PM   #4
WickedCarts
NOT a Sponsor

we install ours 12" from the back of the seat pod to the from of the body
WickedCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:19 PM   #5
DManos
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Mine measures 12 3/4" from the front of the body to the back of the seat pod.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:47 AM   #6
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Cool project SP, I don't want to sound like a naysayer but I.m wondering how the input shaft on the rear will stand up to the lateral load without an additional carrier bearing on the outside of the sprocket.
Keep the pics coming........
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:24 PM   #7
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

Thanks for the info guys. That sounds like a really short distance, considering the size of the seat pod itself? My feet wouldn't fit between the pod and the pedals if it were that close...

crash12888 - I'm a little concerned about that myself. It wasn't my design, just the way I picked it up. I definitely wouldn't run it that way if I were swapping motors out, and not SURE if I'll leave it like this anyway. I probably will leave it for now, and see how long it takes to break something, and then I have an excuse to swap in a new rear and maybe another engine. Maybe I'll do the Taylor Dunn rearend and my 600cc motorcycle engine. Although I'm considering just buying a gas rearend and putting a 16hp harbor freight engine in it so it's more like a factory setup.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:40 PM   #8
DManos
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP-Electronics View Post
Thanks for the info guys. That sounds like a really short distance, considering the size of the seat pod itself? My feet wouldn't fit between the pod and the pedals if it were that close...
You have a factory seat pod, right? My measurement was from the front of the rear body/seat to the rear of the seat pod.....
Old 07-22-2009, 04:17 PM   #9
crash12888
Gone Crazy

10-4 on the upgrade SP, Will watch for the build.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:44 PM   #10
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DManos View Post
You have a factory seat pod, right? My measurement was from the front of the rear body/seat to the rear of the seat pod.....
Yeah, it's the shorter factory front pod. When you guys originally said front of body to back of seat pod, I was thinking the FRONT of the body (below dash, at floor), so I was saying to myself NO WAY could it be that measurement to the rear of the front seat pod, since the pod would be a good percentage of that. LOL

I was HOPING you guys meant the front of the rear seat pod, to the rear of the front seat pod... Makes more sense now, considering the "body" on these is mostly that rear section, and then the small front portion which doesn't include the "floor" technically. I wasn't thinking clearly with the lack of sleep and the meds in my system.

Thanks for clarifying.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO