lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2010, 09:46 AM   #11
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 96 TXT with DCS - Controller Bad

If your cart is lifted, you need to upgrade to the 400 Alltrax controller. Rebuilt controllers are OK sometimes, but since they stopped making the DCS in 1999, you're getting 11 year old electronics with whatever burned out the last time the only thing replaced.

Get the Alltrax and replace it only one time...

If your cart in not lifted, then buy the used one Huntin is selling

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2010, 11:49 AM   #12
Meanser
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

The cart is not lifted so a used stock controller should work for my needs. Part of my hesitation with the Alltrax is that I bought the cart in an inoperable condition and I rather not spend a bunch of money on the controller to find that I have additional issues elsewhere.

I've got a couple other questions - what do you guys recommend as far as an SOC meter, is one product better than another? Should I put a fuse between the batteries and the controller? Would this help prevent future contoller issues or are these problems more related to running the batteries down to a low charge?
Meanser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:03 PM   #13
Meanser
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

I've installed the controller & solenoid that I picked up from Huntin but the cart still doesn't move. The solenoid that I put on had this small circuit board under it that my old one did not (I installed it anyway though). Went through the troubleshooting found in one of the Sticky's and found that the microswitch in gas peddle assembly was missing. Replaced the microswitch and the cart still doesn't move. Back to the troubleshooting and it seems that I do not have 36V to one of the small terminals of the solenoid.

Any thoughts on where to go from here? Also, the diagnostics say to perform a continuity test. I bought a decent multimeter but am unsure how to do the continuity test. Please help, the cart looks great in the garage but it'd look better cruising the neighborhood!
Old 04-03-2010, 02:09 PM   #14
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Motor? Improper wiring? Does the solenoid engage when you step on the pedal? Anything with the pedal being pressed? Maybe your reed switch is bad in the charger harness? This may be a job for your local repair shop...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:22 PM   #15
Meanser
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

From what I've read, the reed switch has been bypassed. The little wire coming off of the charger input on the cart has been cut and it is jumped to the postive battery lead on the passenger side of the cart. The solenoid does not engage when the pedal is pressed. Absolutely nothing happens when the pedal is pressed.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:41 PM   #16
Meanser
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

UPDATE - tapped on the solenoid and jiggled the wires and....the cart runs like a champ. Now replacing all connectors on the smaller wires connecting to the solenoid and on the white & black wires that connect the controller to the motor.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:47 PM   #17
Huntin4fun
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Before long you'll be a sparky. Glad to hear that it is running.
Huntin4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:49 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That solenoid might be going bad ???
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:51 PM   #19
Huntin4fun
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Be sure to adjust the ITS correctly. I had a problem with mine in that the Wide portion of the peddle'plunger that is supposed to contact the microswitch went back beyond the microswitch then when being pushed forward breaks the contacts on the Microswitch. ITS adjusrtment is in the stickies.
Huntin4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:24 PM   #20
flashtime
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I wouldn't trade my DCS for anything.
flashtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO