lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
ezcome ezgo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default break question

Hello all got a question on breaks on my 1976... 3 wheeler.When i press them down they stop the cart of course as breaks should ha ha but the notch on the break doesn't catch on the little flat metal pc.does any one have a pic or diagram i can see to either fix this or do i need to open the flat pc up more so the notch will catch on this or what???? i wolud really love to have a blown up spec drawing to see this.Just wanted to ask it is probbly something simple stupid but any help, i can use Thanks Ezcome Ezgo Also one more thing i just got my cart back got brand new batts in it and when i run it it smells like something is burning on it.But when i feel all the wires nothing is hot the silanoid is alittle warm but thats about it.And the cart hasent run for a long time maybe its just warming up don't know any ideas??? Thanks
ezcome ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2010, 10:21 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: break question

That old cart has a speed selector wiper board...... it consists of a movable contact wiping across stationary contacts to select a speed.... these things arch and generally melt down over time.... it may be that you need to look into rebuilding it .... replacing the wiper contact and lugs etc ....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:32 PM   #3
ezcome ezgo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
That old cart has a speed selector wiper board...... it consists of a movable contact wiping across stationary contacts to select a speed.... these things arch and generally melt down over time.... it may be that you need to look into rebuilding it .... replacing the wiper contact and lugs etc ....
Also forgot to ask is it ok to drive this thing it's just a campground cart but didn't want to burn it up ??? And I'm still new to this cart thing where is this board located any pics of this??? thanks again for the info ezcome ezgo
ezcome ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:34 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote ezcome/ezgo "Hey thanks for the info can i clean these my self i don't think the have been cleaned in a while"

The replacement parts are not very expensive .... cheap actually They need to be mated up so you get 100% of the surface contact.... If yours are original then they need replacement.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:36 AM   #5
rib33024

see if this helps

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO