lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2010, 08:20 AM   #11
terry2shot
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Low speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
pull the rubber "boots" on the motor and take a look at the brushes, you most likely have burnt them down do to the excessive load of the lift kit. a stock 275 amp controller and stock 2HP motor are not really rated for the increased demands of a lifted cart. The motor will usually hold up the longest, but only if the controller is higher powered to supply the additional power demands.

How does a "lifted" cart put more of a demand on the electrics? Or it is assumed that larger wheels / tires are in the equation?
terry2shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2010, 12:32 PM   #12
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry2shot View Post
How does a "lifted" cart put more of a demand on the electrics? Or it is assumed that larger wheels / tires are in the equation?
The lift isn't the extra load, it is the diameter and extra weight of the tires that the motor has to get moving, plus the additions of back seats and extra people that put more load on the motor.
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:50 PM   #13
ohwhofarted
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcitech View Post
Uuugh, do we have too? Did you check your water level in your batteries? I love your family, but having non-cart people using your cart, something is bound to need some maintenance after the fun. We should probably look at your running voltage too, we can rule out either the batteries or controller that way. And another thing, why can't your stuff break on the nice cooler days!!
BEST fuqqin reply... EVER!
ohwhofarted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:54 PM   #14
ohwhofarted
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

He probably doesn't know it yet buyt this weekend, after my eyes have had a week of healing, Arcitech is going to help me troubleshoot my cart. It's been on the charger for two days and has a current reading of 37.99. From what I hear, this is pretty frikkin low... Moving voltage drops to about 34.2 or less depending on the road.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:49 PM   #15
ohwhofarted
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Update,,, So we took the cart for a little drive and was checking voltages on the way. Fully charged and stopped, I was showing 39.04 and on the flat road, driving, I had just about 36.04 and climbing slow. Nw we got about half way up the beach and all the sudden the cart shuddered a few times and it took off like normal. We rode home at full speed. SWEET!!!!!!!!!! But leaving his hous to come to mine, it was running slow again.

Ideas?

ScottyB?
Rabbitreborn?
Cartheads?
Old 08-08-2010, 11:13 AM   #16
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ummm... uhhhh... yeah.

This is a new one on me, never had that happen before. Have you doublechecked all your connections? Maybe a faulty controller? This is definately outside the box......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:25 PM   #17
ohwhofarted
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Do the voltages sound about right? I'm just worried about the batteries. I have absolutely NO CLUE how old thy are. They aren't marked. The odd part is that when we took off at full speed, my voltage actually dropped to 35 something. Is there a way I can test the controller?
Old 08-08-2010, 12:33 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Really weird series of events ........
Check every single cable connection ... make darn sure they are all clean and tight...... then I think you have to look at the motor brushes and then the controller.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO