lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2010, 09:27 PM   #1
Offtwice
Member 23082

Club Car

Default Rear Axle Snap Ring

Ok, I have been struggling to reinstall the rear axle snap ring with no luck! Is there some sort of trick that I am unaware of? I am using a snap ring tool (similar to needle nose pliars), squeezing and attempting to get it seated, it continues to snap out of the pliars I am using. Add to it the fact that the amount of access I have is rediculously small.

Maybe I need a better quality snap ring pliar, or someone more skilled...............not sure which but my patience is running out!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

OT
Offtwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2010, 09:35 PM   #2
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rear Axle Snap Ring

Make sure you are using the correct size snap ring pliers. I tried it once with a pair that was too small and had the same issue you are having. Also, I use a set of 90 degree snap ring pliers as that seems to work better....
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:12 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if you can close the ring enough to get it in the axle don,t worry about seating yet but if you can get it in than just take a flathead screwdriver on the left and one on the right and push it back at the same time.......rabbit is right on about the size of the tips and a offset angle will also help.......i bit the bullet and bought a set that has every size set of tips and angles all tips are interchangable.........it was a costly set but a real time saver and not near as many curse words while trying to get that friggin ring back in.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:00 PM   #4
Offtwice
Member 23082

Club Car

Rabbit & Tom,

Thanks for the insight and encouraging words. I resorted to a beer and time to reflect. I agree with both of your suggestions and think I will go get a better quality plier in the morning. I have cussed enough for one day.

OT
Offtwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:17 AM   #5
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
if you can close the ring enough to get it in the axle don,t worry about seating yet but if you can get it in than just take a flathead screwdriver on the left and one on the right and push it back at the same time.......rabbit is right on about the size of the tips and a offset angle will also help.......i bit the bullet and bought a set that has every size set of tips and angles all tips are interchangable.........it was a costly set but a real time saver and not near as many curse words while trying to get that friggin ring back in.............................
We should have a section for tools and how to use them!! I always try something 3 times then go buy or rent the right tool and kick my self for how easy it is with the proper tools and knowing how to use them!
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:30 AM   #6
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have found that some times the groove that lock ring goes into has been damaged and will have a burr on edge that holds ring from dropping into groove. Just take edge of small three sided file and knock burr off before installing axle.
I have seem some so damaged that they needed new housing to repair ( MAYBE SHADE TREE MECHANIC"S? OR DEALERS? )
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car