lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2010, 08:39 PM   #1
volway
Not Yet Wild

Default Need Help with 06 PDS

Hey all new to the site here,I have a 2006 EZ-GO and have a question,my daughter and myself took it for a ride today,after riding we pulled back in our drive and after the gate opened and I pulled through she got back on and it was dead in the water,so I thought I need to charge it,well after charging I got back on it and it would move about a foot and then it was like the power shut off,I jacked it up and checked everything I could,put back down and it ran for about 3 minutes and did it again,ANY suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve
volway is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2010, 09:05 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Need Help with 06 PDS

Welcome to BGW!

Start by giving each large cable a tug and twist. Is there ANY corrosion present? Is the cart lifted with larger tires? Are ANY components getting hot? When it won't go, does the solenoid still click like normal?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:38 PM   #3
volway
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Welcome to BGW!

Start by giving each large cable a tug and twist. Is there ANY corrosion present? Is the cart lifted with larger tires? Are ANY components getting hot? When it won't go, does the solenoid still click like normal?
It is lifted have not noticed anything getting hot,no corrosion visible,I don't know much about them,but when I had on jack and would push gas pedal the driver side wheel will turn the passenger will start but then stop,Is that normal? Just took out of garage and it ran fine? Makes no sense to me
Old 07-26-2010, 09:41 PM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

The differential is an "open" type, only one wheel gets all the torque under some conditions. Your lifted PDS cart may be going into thermal shutdown, something they are prone to do. Are you running any performance "chip" in the controller port? What speed were you getting on flat ground?
Old 07-26-2010, 09:52 PM   #5
volway
Not Yet Wild

No chip,not real sure of speed either,It may just be my mind playing tricks on me but it seems like it's running faster on the grass than it is on the black top?
Old 07-26-2010, 09:54 PM   #6
volway
Not Yet Wild

Also I'm wanting to put a chip in for hills,not big steep hills,where I use it for hunting we have a couple hills that are just long hills but not very steep,which chip would you reccomend?
Old 07-26-2010, 09:55 PM   #7
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Also, thermal shutdown is a cumulative issue. It adds up as it happens and one day, pffffft, all the smoke leaks out of the controller, and it's time for an Alltrax.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:03 PM   #8
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I agree, those alltrax controllers are great.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:06 PM   #9
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by volway View Post
Also I'm wanting to put a chip in for hills,not big steep hills,where I use it for hunting we have a couple hills that are just long hills but not very steep,which chip would you reccomend?
I would rather see you upgrade the controller to an Alltrax. You can put a "Steep Hill" chip in your stock controller if you like, but when (not if) it fails, don't replace the controller with the same type as you have now.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:09 PM   #10
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
I would rather see you upgrade the controller to an Alltrax. You can put a "Steep Hill" chip in your stock controller if you like, but when (not if) it fails, don't replace the controller with the same type as you have now.
G-Man is right,move up to a better grade controller if you smoke that one,you will be doing yourself a favor.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO