lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #1
Superbrett
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default New Brake Pedal required for lights?

New guy on the block here, and I've dove head-first. Got a 07 TXT PDS, now this was a golf course rental, so it's bone-stock, (for now).
One of the many things I have planned is a light kit. I'm not to concerned about turn signals, but I would like brake lights.
Just poking around on ebay a few mins ago, and had a question.

If I get a light kit for my cart, do I also need a brake pedal with the brake light harness attached?

All the descriptions of the light kits I've seen so far, don't mention anything about it.
But I just wanted to know what I'm in for!!!
Thanks guys!
Superbrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2010, 08:52 PM   #2
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New Brake Pedal required for lights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbrett View Post
New guy on the block here, and I've dove head-first. Got a 07 TXT PDS, now this was a golf course rental, so it's bone-stock, (for now).
One of the many things I have planned is a light kit. I'm not to concerned about turn signals, but I would like brake lights.
Just poking around on ebay a few mins ago, and had a question.

If I get a light kit for my cart, do I also need a brake pedal with the brake light harness attached?

All the descriptions of the light kits I've seen so far, don't mention anything about it.
But I just wanted to know what I'm in for!!!
Thanks guys!
If you buy a kit with brake lights it will have a switch that works with your existing brake pedal to make the lights work. Just be caefull what you buy on e-bay as you wont have any recourse on what you buy if its wrong. Thier are sponsers on here that sell these items and would be more than happy to tell you how to hook them up.Welcome to BGW.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:41 PM   #3
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

do yourself a favor and get a complete light package. Even if you don't use the turn signal right off the bat, having the kit prewired for it for a future upgrade is a nice thing to have........ If you talk to ScottyB, he can hook you up with whatever you need.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:01 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Do you have to have brake lights or just tail lights? I just have $15 set of LED tail llights mounted to the back of my top for visibility. Mine's not going to ever be street legal though, so it depends on what your plans are.

Adam
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:59 AM   #5
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Bone stock is not a bad thing. Most of us started from the same point. This was mine in Aug. 09.

DSC04892.jpg
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO