lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2010, 03:27 PM   #11
Paxdad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1994 Marathon Governor Adjustment

If it looks like this under the cover it is a solid state (speed controller).

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Look under the speed controller by crawling under the cart and reply back with the info that is on the label.
Paxdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2010, 11:18 AM   #12
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

don't tell him to crawl under the cart. we already know it has a stock setup and he doesn't know what a FloorJack is so I doubt he knows what jackstands are..... last thing we need is him getting injured after taking advise here on the forums..... The stock setup came with a 275 Amp Curtis controller, he would either have to do Roady's extra battery setup or upgrade the electronics altogether, either way would cost him money he is unwilling or unable to spend.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:02 PM   #13
Paxdad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
don't tell him to crawl under the cart. we already know it has a stock setup and he doesn't know what a FloorJack is so I doubt he knows what jackstands are..... last thing we need is him getting injured after taking advise here on the forums..... The stock setup came with a 275 Amp Curtis controller, he would either have to do Roady's extra battery setup or upgrade the electronics altogether, either way would cost him money he is unwilling or unable to spend.
Rabbit,
I have seen numerous Marathon's that came stock with the Curtis 400 amp controller, particullary the industrial Marathon's with the utility bed like the one in his photo. By looking at the label this might have been able to tell me more in helping with his quest for better performance.

EzgoKid,
Since you are just starting out here are a few safety tips to always observe prior to working on your cart:
1. Unless performing electical diagonstics where the battery pack voltage is needed always disconnect the battery pack positive that leads to the solenoid.
2. If performing diagnostics with battery connected jack up the cart and place jack stands under the rear axel securely and block the front wheels.
3. Remove jewlery or other metal objects that could come into contact with a part of the carts electrical system prior to performing any service
4. Wear safety glasses or another type of eye/ face protection when filling batteries. As an added precaution wear safety glasses for all task and yes Oakley sunglasses meet the ANSI rating required to be considered such.
5. If there is a chance that you will be using tools that can touch another part of the vehicle or ground to the frame wrap the tool with electrical tape as an isulator. Or use all V-rated electrical tools.
6. Always use the right tool for the job. (refer to number 5)
7. Stupid always hurts!!!!

Rabbit,
Now if you would like to chew my backside out again please feel free.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:07 PM   #14
ezgokid
resident idiot

E-Z-GO

Post Re: 1994 Marathon Governor Adjustment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxdad View Post
Rabbit,
I have seen numerous Marathon's that came stock with the Curtis 400 amp controller, particullary the industrial Marathon's with the utility bed like the one in his photo. By looking at the label this might have been able to tell me more in helping with his quest for better performance.

EzgoKid,
Since you are just starting out here are a few safety tips to always observe prior to working on your cart:
1. Unless performing electical diagonstics where the battery pack voltage is needed always disconnect the battery pack positive that leads to the solenoid.
2. If performing diagnostics with battery connected jack up the cart and place jack stands under the rear axel securely and block the front wheels.
3. Remove jewlery or other metal objects that could come into contact with a part of the carts electrical system prior to performing any service
4. Wear safety glasses or another type of eye/ face protection when filling batteries. As an added precaution wear safety glasses for all task and yes Oakley sunglasses meet the ANSI rating required to be considered such.
5. If there is a chance that you will be using tools that can touch another part of the vehicle or ground to the frame wrap the tool with electrical tape as an isulator. Or use all V-rated electrical tools.
6. Always use the right tool for the job. (refer to number 5)
7. Stupid always hurts!!!!

Rabit,
Now if you would like to chew my backside out again please feel free.
Paxdad,
Thanks much for the information. I will take the necessary precautions you have provided me when working on my cart. I am not sure if it is an industrial cart or not. Regardless, when I visited a dealer they said that it is a 400 Amp.

Thanks again,

ezgokid
ezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:10 PM   #15
ezgokid
resident idiot

E-Z-GO

Post Re: 1994 Marathon Governor Adjustment

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
Would you mind explaining the jack stands and the floorjack. If you're talking about a jack like one that you would use to replace a car tire I know what that is.
ezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:20 PM   #16
Paxdad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Can you look on the side of the speed controller and see if there are three small screws one above the other. If so this is an adjustable Curtis model which will allow for some adjustment of sorts. Let me know what you find out. By the way a floorjack is a jack that has 4 wheels and a handle that uses a hydraulic pump to extend/ lift (reference the NASCAR pit stops and the jack they use is a floorjack). Jack stands are stands that are used to place under the lifted item to support the carts weight securely under or around the cart. They are placed at oposing ends of the axel. Do a Google search and I am sure that at least a million reference will show up.

Tags
ezgo, governor, marathon
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO