lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2010, 08:21 PM   #1
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Default Fair trade?

I've got an 01 gas club car with a lift kit, knobby tires, rear seat, and headlights. The top is cracked and there is some paint chipped off pretty bad on the front right corner above the headlight. Runs good and is in good condition otherwise. But, I want an electric cart so we can use it at campgrounds we stay at. I have 2 different people with almost identical electric carts that want to trade straight up with me and I'm wondering if it's a fair trade. Both have clean 98 purple electric club cars with lift kits, nice wheels and tires, headlights, taillights, rear seat, and fairly new batteries. One has the wood grain dash kit while the other has a nicely installed cd stereo system.

My wife keeps reminding me that ours is newer and gas carts are supposed to be worth more than the electric ones. However, ours does have a damaged top and some paint damage, as mentioned above.

If an electric cart is more useful to us than gas and vice versa for the people interested in trading, is it a fair trade in your opinion? Or am I coming out on the losing end in some way?
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2010, 08:32 PM   #2
Pembroke36
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Fair trade?

I would do it. Paint damage and a roof will cost money to fix so there goes the price difference. If it what you need than why not. I would do it if you like the other carts.
Pembroke36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:00 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Fair trade?

trade with the owners who are older if carts are the same the older the people more than likely the better they took care of the cart.....this is just an opinion from observations at campground when you see granny on her souped up cart riding around at 5 mph looking to miss every stone on the road............................also check the difference in age of batteries.......................have both sets tested and load tested.....................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car