lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2010, 10:46 PM   #21
tr19dc
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: DS Battery Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The Cart Creeps. That is the KEY to your draining problem...... it killed your old batteries and it will kill the new ones...... Time to look into the V glide as I said earlier...... Speed wiper arm not returning all the way to Zero
OK...the wiper only goes to the 2nd or 3rd "whatchamacallit" before the bottom, but there are no wires there. On the bottom of the v glide there is one white wire, then it skips two "whatchamacallits" then five more colored wires in a row. The cart has been like that for two years and just now drained the batteries? Will the v glide drain the batteries with the key switch off. Not saying your wrong...just trying to find out as much info as I can.
tr19dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-14-2010, 11:02 PM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The watchamacallets are lugs for short

If your lugs and wiper contact are chewed up from use they will sometimes hang up. Set the brake and leave it when it's like that and you will drain the batteries to nothing... in time.

Humor me ... get the cart in creep mode... the reach down and pull the gas peddle back up to see if it will come back even just a little at the peddle is alot at the wiper end...... try it ~ Does the cart stop creaping now?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:12 PM   #23
tr19dc
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

OK, I will try that tomorrow. I've sorta looked at it before and it looks like its out of adjustment or the rod thingy from the go pedal is too short.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:12 PM   #24
tr19dc
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

FOUND IT!!! The key switch is faulty. So the last time I parked it with the brake on the key switch didn't actually turn it off and with the creeping problem, it drained the batts to nothing.

Thanks to everyone that helped!!!
Old 10-21-2010, 12:28 PM   #25
xxjpegxx
Not Yet Wild

you can bypass the relay within your charger to charge batts..

i believe on a 36 volt system it will not charge if overall voltage is below 27v
xxjpegxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:56 PM   #26
ezgokid
resident idiot

E-Z-GO

Just for future reference, if the charger does not turn on because of voltage, use this video:

ezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car