lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2010, 09:09 AM   #1
shicks30
Not Yet Wild

Default controller question on lifted 05 txt pds 36v

Hello to all, as you can tell I am a newbie. I just got my first buggie about 2 weeks ago. Boy, let me tell ya, looks are not always right. Buggie looked like new money. I have already had to put another rear end in it cause the diff was empty and now after I have rode a little I seem to have a controller going bad. After about riding it for about 15 minutes or so it will all of sudden just come to a stop. When you let up off the pedal and hit again you can kinda feel the motor act like it wants to go but it's not getting enough juice to pull it. Let it set for a minute and it will take back off.

After doing some searching on here I seem to have a bad controller. My question is, I have seen some controllers on e-bay that say 36-48 volt. Is there a controller that I can use now on 36 volt that if in the future I want to upgrade to 48 I can do so without having to buy another one?

And if so, is there one from another stock ez-go that would be interchangeable that would suit my needs? I am trying to save as much money as I can right now. Not looking for any big gains just a little more power. I have a few hills I ride up and down. And my pds is lifted with 22" tires. And it looks that my cart has already got 4ga cables on it. Thanks for any input.......
shicks30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-04-2010, 09:18 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: controller question on lifted 05 txt pds 36v

Most 48v controllers will work on 36v also. Your cart has some 4g cables to the motor from the factory..... there are 3 others that you will need to upgrade between the batteries and the solenoid & controller...... also you need bigger solenoid with a 400a controller. Then you should be all set. If you are looking to save money try the LGS 480a ITS controller. It is non programmable but, most people do not program their controllers anyway... Good luck and welcome to BGW!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:16 PM   #3
shicks30
Not Yet Wild

Thanks scottyb, I will check it out...
Old 10-04-2010, 01:23 PM   #4
shicks30
Not Yet Wild

scottyb, I seem to be having trouble finding that number or name...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO