lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2010, 03:17 PM   #11
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2003 Club Car 48V battery condition meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
You're a good man Don and thanks for supporting the sponsors!
The install is simple Pin 1 to 48v+, Pin 2 to 48v- and Pin4 to the switched side of the key switch.
Good luck.
Fixed it for ya, Doug.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2010, 04:20 PM   #12
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Thanks!
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:09 AM   #13
e368s52
Not Yet Wild

I know this is a 5 year old thread, but was wondering if the OP found the new meter to be the solution. I'm having the exact same issue with my 2003 CC DS IQ.
e368s52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:29 AM   #14
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
Be careful who you order this meter from, they look similar but they are not all the same.
If the one you order is made by Curtis you will be fine, be wary of all others.
I ordered one and had to return it after I read the specs.
Unless it's a Curtis, post up what you are buying before you make the purchase.
Having same issue with my recently purchased first cart. Reads correctly until cart is put into tow mode. Switch to Run mode and the gauge simply toggles back and forth on the left two bars. Doesn't say "Curtis" on it, just "Fuel gauge." Must be a cheap after market knock off that someone got.

Amazing how fast you can learn stuff on a forum. Thanks.

Also that link to the sponsors will come in handy.
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 10:31 AM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You probably have it wired wrong.

All of those "fuel gauge" type meters work the same way.

You have a + and - terminals that need to be connected directly to pack positive and pack negative.

There is also a third terminal, usually marked as 'C', that it is only used to turn the LED display On/Off.

The 'C' terminal is typically connected to the cold or switched side of the key switch.

The meter will only reset to full once it detects charging voltage (> +56v) for a few minutes.

Some meters have a terminal marked as 'R' as well.

The 'R' terminal is a very low current Relay trigger that is activated when the meter reads empty.

The idea is that it could be used to drive a relay that would disable the vehicle or turn ON a warning light.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:20 PM   #16
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The meter will only reset to full once it detects charging voltage (> +56v) for a few minutes.
OK, now I'm confused. When I charged this CC DS 48V cart I place it in tow mode. When I put it in run mode the "fuel gauge" reads full. Does a fine job of telling me charge until I put it in tow mode without the charger. Then it just blinks on the far left two bars the next time I put it in run mode.

My confusion comes in with the fact does the gauge go dead in tow mode. If it does, how in the world would it read the > +56 volts at full charge with the charger running. I'm sure it's my lack of knowledge here, but an explanation would be appreciated. Nothing worst then spending money to replace the item and getting the exact same results.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:38 PM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The meter need to be connected directly to pack positive, that is before the Tow/Run switch.

If You used any of the existing factory wires behind the dash, they are all controlled by the Tow/Run switch.

Some of the Curtis brand SOC meter (and perhaps others) with memory, have an Open Circuit Reset option that when it looses power, It will reset to full if the pack voltage is +50.16v or higher when power is applied again.

So it may be the fact that your pack is above that voltage when You first put it in Run and not that the charger is plugged.

In either case, they all have a High Voltage Reset function (for more than 6 minutes so it does not reset during Regen) , so if You plug it directly to pack positive, it will only reset after a full charge.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:20 PM   #18
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Am I missing something here, or wouldn't it be a lot easier and nicer looking to go with something like this:

Clicky
Old 08-28-2015, 08:08 AM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think most folks here, including myself, use that type of voltmeter.

Make sure you get the two wire model.

We have lots of site sponsors that sell them and you don't need to wait for the chinese shipping.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:17 AM   #20
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks, for the education.

I would not have ordered that exact part. I just used it as an example since it was the first nice picture on E-bay that I saw. I'm getting really tired of cheap Chinese E-Bay stuff that are slightly off, or break in under a year.

For the RV, I must have spent more time and money on cheap Chinese E-bay(not exactly right) LED's then if I would have just went to the local RV shop and got them from those that use them and know what works.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car