lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2010, 10:09 PM   #1
408sbfmustang
Not Yet Wild

Default No Fwd or Rev problem

If anybody can help I have a Electric Club Cart DS A9701/557440 48volt carb that will not travel fwd or rev.It will jerk a little bit.The soleniod doesn't click closed,no power is going to the coil side of it,Battery voltage is 51 volts,and batteries load test good.Key switch and all fuses are good.If I jump over the soleniod the cart will travel fwd and rev ok.Im thinking the throttle module is bad.
If you can help that would be great.
Thanks
408sbfmustang@sbcglobal.net
408sbfmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2010, 06:36 AM   #2
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

Default Re: No Fwd or Rev problem

You have either a bad solenoid or a bad OBC. Do a OBC by pass (should be able to find it on this site) and try that first.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:06 AM   #3
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

The flow of power to turn on solenoid is KEY switch "ON" to F&R micro "in Gear" to V Glide micro "PEDAL DEPREST" to solenoid. I would start by testing the switch, then the micros on back of F&R control and then the micro inside V Glide for correct operation?
When you jumper the solenoid you are bypassing everything in control circuit before AND INCLUDING the solenoids ability to close contacts?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:44 PM   #4
408sbfmustang
Not Yet Wild

So all micro switches tested good,I went and grounded the yellow wire on the soleniod and melted the jumper and micro on the v-glide.checked the resistor and diode,resistor ok but the diode was continuity both ways,So I have a diode coming and just to make sure what way does it go?
Old 10-21-2010, 11:34 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Hope you got a new micro for the Vglide too? The stripe on the diode goes to the positive side of the activation circuit.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:46 AM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if your jumping the soleniod and the cart is working than replace the soleniod....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:24 PM   #7
408sbfmustang
Not Yet Wild

So here is what I have done.Installed new style soleniod with the diode pre installed,installed new micro on v-glide.The cart still doesn't activate the soleniod,so I jumped the new side of the soleniod to the battery now it works.So im guessing the On Board Computer is bad since no neg batt signal to the soleniod.Im I correct
Old 10-25-2010, 03:42 PM   #8
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would agree, sounds like OBC.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car