lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2011, 06:09 PM   #21
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: my G2 turned G9 hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermotosean View Post
Talk about running fast out the door and pulling the rear fender off in record time-what a relief to find my driven pulley still against the circlip with space between it and the gear housing.... Man what a scare, but I appreciate the heads up! I never even gave that shaft a second look till now
Didn't mean to scare ya! Can you take another picture, closer up? There should be a gap (almost a finger width) between the spring seat and case. I've seen the grooves go bad and the circlip just slides towards the case. Better safe then sorry.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2011, 09:32 PM   #22
victorjohn
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Looks like your secondary "spring seat is up against the diff case, could just be the picture though. They have a special splined "collar/spacer" that replaces a damaged circlip on the input shaft.
The "collar/spacer" being referred to is called "input Shaft Spacer". OEM J55-46322-09-00. For a G1, G2, G8 and G9. This replaces the circlip.
victorjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #23
supermotosean
Not Yet Wild
Pargo

Just took some pics, soon as I get to the computer I'll post them up-I think there is a problem.. While the circlip is still there and I can see splines, the clearance between the driven clutch and the final gear housing is very small. I'll try to post pics by tonight and rely on some more experienced eyes than my own!
supermotosean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:12 AM   #24
supermotosean
Not Yet Wild
Pargo

Hopefully this gives you guys something to work with, sure looks like it's a bit close to me, in addition it looks like the ramps on the driven pulley are really extended.... Let me know what you think, I was planning on pulling the final drive to do away with the governor anyway so this makes a good opportunity to go over the entire rear end
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 03.13.11 (3).jpg (92.6 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 03.13.11 (4).jpg (86.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 03.13.11 (5).jpg (64.6 KB, 28 views)
Old 03-14-2011, 04:09 PM   #25
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

This is my G9 but the old style ramps/pucks. I have a spacer for it and plan on a cut sheave too. Actually you can't see it but those ramps I ground down for more angle at low speeds, only ground about the last 3/4" of them or so. That was the one thing that gave more rpm at low speeds.

sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:02 PM   #26
supermotosean
Not Yet Wild
Pargo

I started taking the final drive apart last night, the circlip groove is TOAST! Again, thanks for the heads up smallblock, I would've much rather caught this now instead of hauling down the road listening to my driven pulley make kissy noises with the final drive case
Old 03-22-2011, 07:25 PM   #27
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermotosean View Post
I started taking the final drive apart last night, the circlip groove is TOAST! Again, thanks for the heads up smallblock, I would've much rather caught this now instead of hauling down the road listening to my driven pulley make kissy noises with the final drive case
Glad I could help in some small way, it is why I post I'd like pix's, "with the smile on your face", when you "lite that candle"
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:42 PM   #28
supermotosean
Not Yet Wild
Pargo

Finally a major hurdle, went for a ride around the block today! Just need to sort out a few more things: I still don't have a harness yet, I jump the starter to get it going for now. I put new brake shoes in the rear axle while I had everything apart to pull the governor out of the final drive, it stops but I know it could be better! I still need to get a lower profile airbox/intake, I got the stock one to sit right on the edge but with me and the wife going over the curbs in the neighborhood the filter top rubbed a new shiny spot on the seat base. And finally, the exhaust needs re-routing of some type. I had to remove the tiny angle iron crossmember on the rear of the frame to clear the muffler from my CPP header/exhaust system, but the muffler will still hit the rear bodywork when the suspension compresses. All in all I'm excited, but I'm kinda bummed at the same time... Mainly I'm peeved at myself for not doing more research and asking a buttload more questions before I started. This all started with me thinking I would just replace the stock golfcart motor with a power product motor of some type and have a stock golfcart that would get me around the neighborhood and haul my lawnmower trailer. One thing led to another and before I knew it I was doing the Briggs v-twin conversion because I was in too deep parts & money wise to switch to something else. This all would have been so much easier if I would have wanted to lift the cart ( I think?!)
Anyway, thanks for all the support, the tips, comments, and the chance to vent about my learning curve. Here's some "almost finished project" photos for those of you who have followed along....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 04.16.11 (2).jpg (136.0 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 04.16.11 (3).jpg (106.3 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg 04.16.11 (4).jpg (105.5 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 04.16.11 (5).jpg (79.1 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 04.16.11 (6).jpg (105.9 KB, 35 views)
Old 04-16-2011, 07:49 PM   #29
supermotosean
Not Yet Wild
Pargo

And a few more....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 04.16.11 (7).jpg (153.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 04.16.11 (10).jpg (126.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 04.16.11 (11).jpg (123.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 04.16.11 (12).jpg (150.7 KB, 21 views)
Old 04-16-2011, 10:36 PM   #30
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Wow what a sleeper! Hard to make a BB fit a stock cart, nice work you did there.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha