lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2011, 11:59 PM   #31
supermotosean
Not Yet Wild
Pargo

Default Re: my G2 turned G9 hybrid

Thanks Sho, this has provided plenty of headscratching on how to shoehorn the motor in without lifting it. I believe a guy w/a welder would make short work of it, but I'm a bolt-on only kinda guy. Maybe one day I'll get some fabrication equipment! Just in case anyone wants to know, it made a big difference what kind of filter relocation kit I used. The original one I got from Summit fit the engine okay, but the barbs for the oil lines came straight out and made the adapter just as tall as the original oil filter. This was a no-go since the straps of the CPP cradle are all juggled around to drop the motor as low as possible. I ended up getting a 90 degree adapter far the engine block side of things from Trans-Dapt (part # 1413) and it fit like it was made for it! Oil lines are real close to the fwd/rev cables, but nothing a little zip tie hose guide wouldn't cure. The quality of the Trans-Dapt part seems a little better too, as it is working perfect so far but the Summit part where the spin on is hasn't quit leaking oil from the barbs yet..(and MAN they are TIGHT!)
supermotosean is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2011, 02:03 PM   #32
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The one on my lawnmower has hydraulic hoses, they are not that expensive. Here NAPA or a hydraulic place will make them any size you want. You should investigate that, those are metal inside and very durable. They can put 90 degree ends on them too, or 45s, whatever. In fact the lawnmower has a oil cooler too so it has three lines. I should take a photo of it not sure, it may be too hard to see because its stuffed behind the engine. They can put bends in the middle of the lines too if they have the fittings.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:37 PM   #33
supermotosean
Not Yet Wild
Pargo

A couple things sorted out, I don't have to jump wires to start and use a screwdiver to stop it anymore I used some wiring and controls from an old motorcycle harness and got myself a cart that starts and stops with buttons and switches!! This is a rough start for a harness but I got a main fuse, ignition switch, starter button, engine stop switch, and a fuse box to provide for lights/accessories later on. I want to fancy it up (make it more protected) with some of that split plastic corrugated(sp?) loom tubing but need to make sure I'm happy with connectors and routing first. The bike ignition and handlebar switch work great for now, but I plan on replacing them with controls that will mount where the original key switch was (and look good)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 04.30.2011 (5).jpg (188.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 04.30.2011 (6).jpg (74.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 04.30.2011 (7).jpg (136.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 04.30.2011 (8).jpg (121.9 KB, 16 views)
supermotosean is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha