lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2011, 11:30 PM   #1
hilla
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Next project G1

Here's my next project. I came across this one and just couldn't resist. 81 G1 complete, the engine was shelled and supposedly rebuilt but has never been ran because when they were taking it apart they ran two bolts into the magneto assembly and toasted it. The good news on the engine is that I'm sure I can take them for their word, I've know them for about 10 years. The bad news is that I have no clue on where to start on the engine, I may have to break down and buy a repair manual.

First thing to do is clean it up and try to figure out a list of parts that I will need to get it running.

I almost forgot the best part, I picked this up for $100. I guess we will see if this is the best part after I figure out what it will cost to get it running.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0043.jpg (89.7 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0044.jpg (88.4 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0045.jpg (86.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0047.jpg (90.4 KB, 33 views)
hilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2011, 04:56 AM   #2
chuddly
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Next project G1

how long did the guy who you bought that from have it? I would almost SWEAR that my brother had that exact cart about a year ago.

Good lookin project...hope you get it runnin easy and you have some fun with it
chuddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:49 AM   #3
hilla
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

chuddly, I think they have had it for a few years. It has been setting waiting to be put back together for the last year and a half and if I remember right it belonged to their dad.
hilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:13 AM   #4
chuddly
Gone Wild

Yamaha

well good luck with it anyway...it just looked EXACTLY like his old cart (same engine story and all)
chuddly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
project
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha